Typic: A must have photo app for iPhone/iPod Touch
Typic is a free app which you can download from apple's App Store. It's a simple yet very productive photo editing app available for free.
First of all, the app's interface looks very simple and stylish. They've added a retro or may be a vintage look to the entire interface itself.
This app, unlike many other apps out there is really easy to use. You open the app and the first thing you'll need to do is to click on that camera icon and either choose to import an image from the library to edit or take a photo right then using the camera. Once you've added an image the editing process starts.
1. Adding filter
Typic has only 6 filters, at least for now. Anyway, these filters are good and effective. ‘Children’ is my favourite filter, but I use other filters as well according to the picture. Because according to the lightning and colors of the image some filter might be more effective on them.
2. Adding text
This is the my favorite part of this app. It lets you add some cool text on your photos. With the filter and the text your images will look like some professional vintage photography. The kind we see on fashion magazines and websites.
There are 6 fonts available for free. There are more fonts ( 7, I think) available for purchasing. Anyway, these 6 fonts are cool enough for me to fit for any types of photos. The second font, the one that issues in the screenshot is my favourite font. Again, as I've said before, the type of image matters when it comes to selecting fonts as well. Fonts size can be adjusted here.
3. More Editing Options
From the next slide of options, we can find some editing options. First of all, choose the color for the frame and then for the text you've input before. The only down thing here is that there's only two colors available, black and white. You can also blur the image, which kind of highlights the text. You can also delete the frame if you don't like it from here.
4. You're good to go!
That's it! You're done with the image editing and now you have a pro looking photograph. Surely, the next thing you want to do is to share it with your friends and family. And this is what Typic lets you do next. With a touch share your photo with your friends and family via Facebook, twitter, Instagram or using the good old way of email. We can also save the edited image to our 'camera roll' from here.
NOTES & SUGGESTIONS
- Typic is great because it doesn't confuse us with lots of filters unlike other apps out there (in which many filters are almost same!).
- The filter+caption combination of Typic adds quite a fashion look to our images very easily compared to many other apps.
- it would be great if there were more color options available.
- Typic, when adding an image, asks to scale the image. The problem is Typic only allows a particular width to height ratio. If our image is not in this ratio we have to make it by compromising some portions of the image. It would be better to let the users select their own size, if they want.
- This app requires you an iPhone 3Gs or any later version or iPod touch 3rd Generation or later versions. It also requires iOS 6 (iOs 6.0.1 is the latest version of iOS yet). It's only 6.3 MB, so you can download it in few seconds!
Anyway, this is one of the hottest apps out there which gained so much popularity for its simplicity and efficiency. A must have photo tool for every iPhone user who takes photos. I highly recommend this app.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.