Bhuvan - India's Google Earth
Have you been used to Google Earth for finding and searching for location in your city or distance between your city and other city. Looking for cities which you just wanted to visit and using Google Earth to have sneak peak into it.
In the market of 3D and 2D maps and location, Google Earth has been ruling the market. Though we have other players in the Market. ISRO is well known amongst space faring nations for its world-leading reputation in developing new, indigenous and innovative service oriented applications using remote sensing technology. Multi-resolution images from multi-sensor IRS satellites of India is seamlessly depicted through the Bhuvan web portal by enabling a common man to zoom into specific area of interest at high resolution. ISRO trying to make it mark to common people in order to get the updated images of space and othe regions.
Not only providing the different images in different forms, also providing information about Resource, places, Some of the features of Bhuvan are:
Basic features of Bhuvan:
- Access, explore and visualise 2D and 3D image data along with rich thematic information on Soil, wasteland, water resources etc.
- Visualise multi-resolution, multi-sensor, multi-temporal image data
- Superpose administrative boundaries of choice on images as required
- Visualisation of AWS ( Automatic Weather Stations) data/information in a graphic view and use tabular weather data of user choice
- Fly to locations ( Flies from the current location directly to the selected location)
- Heads-Up Display ( HUD) naviation controls ( Tilt slider, north indicator, opacity, compass ring, zoom slider)
- Navigation using the 3D view Pop-up menu (Fly-in, Fly out, jump in, jump around, view point)
- 3D Fly through (3D view to fly to locations, objects in the terrain, and navigate freely using the mouse or keyboard)
- Drawing 2D objects (Text labels, polylines, polygons, rectangles, 2D arrows, circles, ellipse)
- Drawing 3D Objects (placing of expressive 3D models, 3D polygons, boxes)
- Snapshot creation (copies the 3D view to a floating window and allows to save to a external file)
Particular interest of ISRO/DOS would be to provide such functionalities to common man so that he/she adopts participatory approach with scientists to solve simple problems easily and interactively.
Now to register yourself and see the India Earth, which give more clear picture than Google Earth : To Register
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.