Desktop computer is an electronic device or a machine that makes our work simple. It can store our important data, can make communication possible, can write our official letters in different styles, can do tedious calculations, can prepare power point presentations and can play our favorite music, movies, video games, etc
A desktop computer consists of a
- Web cam
- Speakers etc
A monitor displays the desired information, CPU processes our command and displays the information on the monitor, keyboard and mouse helps us in giving commands to our central processing unit (CPU). Modem helps us in getting connected to the internet, webcam helps us in video conferencing, Printer prints the desired information on paper and through speakers we can listen to our favorite music.
Today companies like:
- HP etc
are the top manufacturers of desktop computers.
The cost of a desktop computer depends upon the speed of it’s processor. Higher the speed of the processor higher is the cost of a desktop. However, on an average a branded desktop computer costs Rs 40,000 to Rs 45,000 in the market.
A desktop computer has following advantages:
- It makes us and our kids tech savvy.
- It keeps our kids occupied with the PC games.
- It saves time and completes our work instantly.
- It makes research projects possible.
- It saves paper.
- It can be used for editing documents, pictures etc
A desktop computer has following disadvantages:
- It is not mobile and cannot be carried away from one place to the other.
- It is heavy and big in size.
- It makes us addicted and mechanical.
- The monitor of our desktop strains our eyes.
- It has security threats and
- It consumes electricity.
Desktop computer is a must in our offices, schools, universities and homes without it our survival is not possible.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.