Swine flu, measures to overcome it
Swine flu is the recent disease threat among the public in many countries all over the world especially India. World Health Organization has confirmed the flu as a highly contagious disease. It seems that in India nearly 700 individuals are diagnosed infected by the swine flu virus, influenza A (H1N1) virus. It is a respiratory disease and is found to spread by means of air contact or by droplets contact with the infected person.
Swine flu is an acute respiratory disease affecting the pigs and is easily transmitted through air. Thus human beings are getting infected by this disease at an alarming rate. The main reason for the occurrence of the disease is due to impaired immunity among the individuals.
Symptoms of swine flu:
- Fever more than 100 degree Celsius
- Sore throat
- Body ache and head ache
It takes at least seven days for the above given symptoms to appear and only then a person will be diagnosed as infected by swine flu. So it is always safe to follow some of the preventive measures to stay away from the infection.
Hence the following measures should be followed in order to prevent the attack of this dreadful disease:
- Avoid close contact with the infected person so as to prevent the spreading of the virus either through air or from the fluids of the body.
- The infection spreads from person to person by means of sneezing and coughing. Hence proper disposal of tissue papers and kerchiefs used while sneezing is very important.
- Wash your hands frequently with alcohol-based soap solution so as to kill the microorganisms
- It is risky to mingle among the crowd
- In order to prevent the attack of the virus during inhalation, it is safe to cover the nose and mouth with cloth or mask
- The swine flu virus commonly affects individuals with low immunity. So a well balanced diet rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals and drinking plenty of pure water is very essential
- The intake of well cooked pork is recommended as safe by WHO. The influenza A(H1N1) virus cannot withstand the temperature used for cooking
- Good sleep and adequate exercise is important
Medicines recommended for swine flu:
Antiviral drugs are also given as a preventive medicine since it prevents the reproduction in the body. Antiviral drugs are proved beneficial since it reduces the severity of the disease when consumed during the initial stages after the attack of the virus.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.