Forgive and forget
One day, the friend left the papers on the floor by mistake. His servant was cleaning the room. When he saw the papers on thee floor, he mistook them for waste papers and used the sheets to make fire.
Can you imagine how Carlyle must have felt? His precious book had literally gone up in flames. But he did not reproach either the friend or the servant. He forgave them.
This is forgiveness. You must learn to forgive. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone must forgive. When your little brother tears up your book, you get angry. But only it is while. Then you forgive him.
The quality of forgiveness makes one a better person- both the forgiver and the forgiven. Forgiveness is the noblest virtue.
Thee same is true of Jesus Christ who was betrayed by Judas, one of his disciples, for thirty seven coins. Even before the soldiers came to arrest him, Jesus Christ knew that Judas had betrayed him. But he forgave Judas. And he also forgave those who put him on the cross. Infact, his last prayer was the god may forgive everyone, even those who had harmed others. For Jesus Christ had come to redeem people not to push them.
There is a saying in Sanskrit that you should that you should know. ``not even the wicked can harm a man who holds the sword of forgiveness. When fire falls on a grassless patch, it only puts itself out’’. This means that there cannot be any fight where there is not even the least thought of revenge. It is not easy to forgive. It is easier to lose your temper. But it is better to forgive and forget.
- It is a large- heartedness to forgive people. It is mean mindedness punish.
- To for give is good, to forget is best
- The embers of anger can never heat the ocean of forgiveness.
- To be able to forgive implies a victory over the enemy.
1) It is a sign of your goodness if you know for to forgive.
2) With punishment you capture a body. With forgiveness you win a heart.
3) If you can forgive, it means that you have conquered anger.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.