Success in Interviews - Characteristics of Good Covering Letter
A covering letter is a marketing tool that must accompany every resume you mail to prospective employer.
- It introduces you, and it establishes rapport between you and the reader.
- Personalizes your resume by addressing it to a specific person.
- Enhance your resume by emphasizing some significant items
- Allows you to summarize or state your job objective, tailored to the Specific company or position.
Important Basics of a Covering Letter.
Here are 8 rules that will give you covering letter 8 better look.
1. Get to the point of your letter in the first paragraph.
2. The first paragraph should add one or two accomplishment that are indicative of your overall strengths.
3. The second paragraph should add one or two accomplishment that are indicative of your overall strengths.
4. The final or last paragraph should provide a sound close, and the action that you will take.
5. Do not state your compensation level or your salary requirments in the letter.
6. If your covering letter extends to the bottom of the first page, its too lengthy, Try and make it short and simple
7. Always, without an exception, address the covering letter to a specific person.
8. Do not say what you want from the company, but indicates what you can contribute to the company
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.