Gemstones and Health
Most of us wear Gemstones for various reasons and they are mostly prescribed to us by the astrologers. Do you know that apart from astrological reasons, these gemstones have a significant effect on our health also? Here, I'll talk about how gemstones are related to our health, Gem therapy and benefits of some common gemstones.
According to astrology, gemstones are related to different planets and it is believed that these planets have an effect on our physical, mental, and spiritual health. Gemstones counter and neutralize the adverse effect of these planets on our health as planets emit the negative radiations and gemstones emit positive radiations which when combine, neutralize. In Vedic shastras of Hindus, health benefits and healing powers of various Gems have been listed.
Gemstones have different colors and each color corresponds to a different planet. The colors of the gemstones reflect back the negative radiations of the planets, filtering it from entering our body.
Amethyst belongs to the family of Quartz and is used in making jewelry.
- Used to relieve people from alcohol addiction and reduces the intoxication produced from drinking.
- Calms your body and helps aid sleep disorders such as insomnia.
- Increases blood circulation in the body making oxygen available to the organs fast.
- Relieves stress and balances mood swings.
- Improves metabolism and strengthens the immune system.
Aquamarine is also used in jewellries. It is believed that Aquamarine helps to lead you a happy married life by promoting trust and harmony among the couples. Therefore, it is also used as wedding gift to the couple for a good start of their relationship. The stone is also believed to increase one's intellect and learning power.
- Improves one's vision.
- Strengthens the bones.
- Helps cure thyroid problem.
- Helps cure kidney and bladder problems of water retention. It also helps maintains proper balance of fluids in the body.
- Cures throat problems such as tonsilitis.
- Helps improve mental health, sharpens the brain and increases learning power.
- Helps relieve stress and calms your mind.
Also known as "Moonga" in Hindi, Coral is usually used to boost one's self confidence and is mainly worn by people dealing in property and real estate. It also helps improve your financial status. Some astrological beliefs of wearing coral are that it helps the wearer to get his daughter married, protects from evil spirits, relieves the wearer from getting nightmares and protects the women from getting widowed.
Coral is mainly found in the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Queensland, Australia.
- Wearing Coral can help cure various cancers specially the blood cancer.
- It can also cure chronic cough and high fever.
- Red coral also helps smallpox, piles, and impotency.
- Due to its blood clotting properties, it helps cure wounds faster.
Also known as "Lahsuniya" in Hindi, Cat's eye is called so as it resembles the eye of a cat and in darkness, it even shines like the cat's eyes. According to astrological beliefs, it brings prosperity and if someone is facing troubles in business, it can eradicate all the troubles. It is also believed that it can help one find the lost money. Also, it is suitable to people involved in gaming, gambling (such as horse racing) and people dealing with stock exchange predictions.
- Wearing Cat's eye can help cure diabetes.
- It cures skin diseases and genetic disorders.
Emerald is commonly known as "Panna" in Hindi. It is one of the most beautiful gemstones found. It is believed that if tied around the waist of pregnant woman, it can ease the delivery process. Emerald is also considered as a gemstone of love as it enhances the love between two partners if they gift each other an emerald. It is also beneficial for students weak in mathematics.
- Wearing Emerald can help overcome speech related problems such a stammering.
- Wearing Emerald also improves eyesight.
- It also increases the person's intellect.
Garnet is a gemstone which is associated with love, career and success. It is mainly used in jewellries.
- Helps treat skin inflammations.
- Helps one to overcome depression.
- Wearing Garnet also increases the sex drive.
- It also regulates the blood flow and blood pressure.
Opal is the national gemstone of Australia and has been famously known as the Queen of gems. This stone can highly enhance the financial status of the person wearing it and brings prosperity. It also make the person a center of attraction among a group of people. It is also known to increase one's confidence.
- Cures digestive problems.
- Black opal reduces reproductive disorders.
- Fire opal cures blood related disorders.
- White opal helps cure the neurological disorders.
Pearl is one more gemstone used in jewelleries. It is mostly found in seas and oceans. Pearls found in seas and oceans are much more expensive than the fresh water pearls.
- Pearl powder enhances one's beauty, brings glow on the face and gives a radiating skin. It also reduces the signs of ageing such as wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Wearing pearl improves the immune system.
- Balances the cholesterol levels.
- Taking pearl powder provides calcium, essential proteins and amino acids to the body.
- Increases sexual drive.
Ruby is one the most precious and costliest gemstones. It is also known as the King of gemstones.
- Helps cure heart diseases and high blood pressure
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.