Benefits of Amla
Amla is a wonder fruit which is high in vitamin C content. We might have heard it from our grandmother that we had to consume amla on a regular basis. Some people might be allergic to it and will get cold when consumed. But it will be good if we come to all the health benefits of amla. Oranges are said to be high in vitamin C but amla has twenty times more vitamin C content than orange fruit.
Indian ayurveda prescribes that if we consume amla on a regular basis then we might have proximity to live to more than hundred years. Amla from the olden days was consumed in the form and pickles. It was the most general form of consumption of amla.
- Amla is rich in vitamin C.
- It contains many minerals and vitamins.
- It is rich in calcium, phosphorous, iron , carotene and vitamin B complex.
- It is also rich in antioxidant content.
- It is 80% water, so rich in water content also.
- Its taste is sour but we will start to like it when we consume it regularly.
- It also has high amount of fiber and carbohydrates.
- Amla is regarded as the Indian Gooseberry which belongs to Euphorbiaceae family.
- Amla fruits is regarded as “Earth mother from ancient times”.
- It is also an important fruit in chinese medicine.
- It is an important ingredient in the preparation of triphala powder and chyavanprash, which are ancient ayurvedic preparations for good health.
FORMS OF CONSUMPTION OF AMLA:
- Amla can be consumed raw as a fruit. But be careful it might also cause some allergies when consumed for the first time.
- Amla can be dried in sun. When it is dry enough it can be powdered.
- It can be consumed as a pickle. Preparing pickle with amla is very easy. Just cut amla fruit into small pieces and put it in the usual pickle mixture. This can be consumed daily.
- Amla can also be consumed as a juice.
- Chyawanprash is an ayurvedic product prepared with amla as the base. Chyawanprash can also be consumed regularly.
- COMMON BENEFITS OF AMLA:
- Amla powder helps clear pimples and acne.
- Amla powder prevents dandruff.
- Amla protects body from radiation.
- When consumed regularly amla helps to cure anaemia. It increases the bllod content and blood flow throughout the body.
- Amla is very effective in treating all skin diseases. It is said to cure all the diseases causes due to pitta discorder.
- Amla enhances the seven tissues of the body and also the reproductive tissue.
- Amla, which is rich in anti oxidants helps to reduce the ageing process.
- Amla increases hair growth and reduces hair pigmentation. It improves the vibrancy, color and also strength of hair roots.
- It is also believed to reduce cough, cold and tuberculosis and all respiratory disorders.
- Amla improves the immunity by increasing the white blood corpuscles count and thus improves overall health. That is why consumption of amla is said to improve longevity.
- Amla increases the insulin production thus reducing the cause for diabetes.
- It is a famous cooling agent and also has laxative properties.
- Amla is a blood purifier and helps liver in the purifying function.
- Amla consumed after meals will reduce acidity and improves digestive functioning.
- It also curing urinary problems and nourishes nerves.
- It cures all gastric problems and also lowers cholesterol level.
- It increases red blood cells count and increases hemoglobin.
- For women amla cures all the menstrual disorders and also strengthens nails and teeth.
- Amla helps improve memory for children and improves all the cognitive functions.
- It also reduces the overall weight by lowering cholesterol, when consumed with honey.
Thus consume amla on a regular basis and stay healthy.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.