Health Benefits and Uses of Honey
Honey is a natural anti-oxidant and has lot medicinal and therapeutic uses. It has been known to exhibit great healing powers for over hundreds of years. Most of the people prefer taking honey over sugar. Honey is also very good for eyes and skin. It helps in quick healing of wounds and helps in regulating the metabolism. Listed below are some of the uses and health benefits of honey.
Health Benefits and Uses
- Honey forms a great anti-ageing agent and a good moisturizer for dry skin. It can be used as a face mask when mixed with 2 egg whites and bit of flour so that it forms a thick mixture. Apply this mask for a few minutes and then wash with cold water. Application of this mask will make your skin hydrated and supple. Apart from being a good moisturizer, it also helps you get rid of pimples, acne and blemishes. To exfoliate your skin, you can mix some honey, lemon juice and sugar. Apply this mask for 15-20 minutes on your skin and then wash off with warm water. You will get a fresh and bright skin after this.
- Honey helps in relieving cough and cold due to its anti-bacterial properties. Mix a teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of ginger juice and a pinch of black pepper powder and take at regular intervals if your suffering from cough. This mixture will relieve the cough.
- Honey also regulates metabolism and builds immunity if taken daily.
- Honey is also good for hairs. For shiny hairs, mix some honey, lemon juice in some warm water for the last wash of the hair. Do not rinse and let your hairs dry.
- Honey, when mixed with apple pulp helps as a skin toner. Apply the paste of apple pulp and honey on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Honey, when mixed with oats, lemon juice, and finely ground almonds helps scrub your skin.
- It also helps in relieving the arthritis pain. Mix one part of honey in 2 parts of like warm water. Add some cinnamon to it and apply on the aching area. It will help relieve the pain.
- Taking 2 teaspoons of honey with lukewarm water with some cinnamon added to it daily helps cure even the chronic arthritis.
- Honey taken with cinnamon powder also cures stomach ache and also cures any stomach ulcers.
- Honey is a great antiseptic and heals wounds. It releases hydrogen peroxide when applied to a wound which heals the wound.
- Honey helps reduce the cholesterol. Apply paste of honey and cinnamon powder on bread instead of jam, butter, or jellies. Taking honey is healthier.
- Honey also helps in weight loss if taken daily empty stomach in the morning with lukewarm water and lemon juice.
- It is also good for getting rid of mouth odors. Add honey and pinch of cinnamon powder in hot water and gargle with it. It will reduce the bad breath and you will feel fresh.
- Due to the presence of fructose, honey provides an instant energy to the body and hence is a great energy booster. That is the reason why it is advised to take a teaspoon of honey in warm water before going for the workout. Also, if you are feeling low and deprived of energy in the morning, you can try taking honey toast that can provide you with instant energy.
- Honey is also known to have sleep inducing properties. So, if you do not get a good night's sleep, then try taking a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed.
- Honey is also known to cure impotency.
Image Source: http://www.daburhoney.com/Bipasha_Health_Secret.aspx
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.