Fruits are precious gifts of nature to us. Butter fruit is also one among them. When it is unripen state it is green in colour and riped fruits are green mixed brown in colour. Scientific name of Butter fruit is Persia Americana and it belongs to Loresia family. In English we call it as Avacado . It can be found in Carrabian, Mexico and south America. This unique fruit is grown only in the western ghats of Coorg in Karnataka, India.
Butter fruit contains more proteins and carbohydrates. It has fiber, energy niacin, calcium, vitamin C, magnesium and potassium also. It contains healthy fat. So it is very good for weak people.
Butter fruit has light yellow colored very smooth pulp inside. We can remove it from a spoon. But don’t keep it open in the air because pulp will turn to brown colour. So after cutting the fruit we have to use it immediately.
To get maximum benefit from the fruit, it is better to eat the whole fruit. We can eat the fruit with sugar also. Blend the pulp finely and add sugar to it and keep it in the refrigerator. When it becomes cold, we can eat it as ice cream. Grind the butter fruit pulp, milk and little water in the mixer to prepare butter fruit milk shake. Add chocolate syrup to it to prepare chocolate butter fruit milk shake. Children love this. Add little salt and pepper powder to butter fruit pulp and use it in the sandwich.
Medicinal properties of Butter fruit :
- It reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure. It is good for heart patients.
- Butter protects our eyes. It reduces problems related eyes like cataract.
- It gives strength to bones.
- It increases memory power.
- It gives glow to skin and reduces age related wrinkles.
Butter Fruit in beauty treatment:
- Add milk, turmeric powder and little honey to butter fruit pulp, mix it well to make paste. You can use this paste for face massage to have smooth, radiant skin.
- Grind butter fruit pulp with hibiscus leaves to make paste. Apply this paste to head, leave it for half an hour and wash it. Hair becomes smooth and silky and dandruff free.
- Massage the whole body with butter fruit oil. It reduces skin diseases.
- Butter fruit oil is used for face massage. It is very useful in treating sun burns.
- Butter fruit oil is used in shampoos, cleansers, creams, lotions, conditioners and other beauty products.
So don’t forget to use butter fruit for good health and beauty.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.