How to make fish kalia
Bengali food has become popular all over the world. In Bengal variety of fishes are available. Fish is cultivated in ponds and rivers. People love to eat fish very much. They prepare different types of dishes with the fishes. It depends on the quality of the fish. The same process cooks not all fishes. In big restaurant of Kolkata variety of fish, recipes are to be found. In addition, people there love to enjoy the dishes. Many tourists who come to visit Kolkata go for a try for the variety of fishes. I am sharing a very popular recipe of Bengal. Hope those who are fond of fish will love this recipe. I often cooked this recipe in my home. In addition, this recipe goes well with plain rice. All my family members love this recipe. Therefore, friends let us have a look and try for this recipe.
How to make fish kalia?
Preparation time- 20 minute
Cooking time- 30 minute
Serves- 4 persons
- 6-7 pieces of rohu fish (grass carp)
- 100 gm curd
- 2 medium size onion paste
- 1tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Red chili powder as required
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Mustard oil
- Salt as required
- Water as needed
- 1 tsp sugar
Steps to prepare.
- First, wash the pieces of the fish well in water.
- Then marinade the fish with turmeric powder and salt and keep aside for half an hour.
- Then turn on the gas and put the wok over the gas and pour mustard oil in it.
- When the oil gets heated fry the pieces of the fish. Do not overcook the fish.
- Then keep the fish aside after draining all the oil properly.
- Then take a bowl and put the curd in it. On the curd add some turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix it very well.
- Then in the oil put the onion paste, ginger paste and garlic paste and saute it very well until the raw smell of the onion goes off.
- Then add the curd mixture and pour some water and mix well with the masala.
- After that add the pieces of the fish and cover the wok with the lid. And leave it to boil.
- Then quickly turn on the another side of the gas and put a wok over the gas.
- On the other wok, add some ghee.
- When the ghee gets heated up, add some sugar.
- Before that take a bowl and make a mixture of adding turmeric powder, red chili powder and water.
- Pour that mixture in the hot ghee and boil for a second.
- After that turn off the gas.
- Then add the mixture in the first wok where you were cooking the fish.
- Then add garam masala powder and cover the lid and turn off the gas.
- Our tasty delicious fish kalia is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
I hope everyone will like the dish. In addition, will suggest everyone to prepare the dish at home and serve it to your guest and family member.
Image source- Wikipedia.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.