Back pain - Is it playing havoc in your life?
Is backache ruining your happiness? Read on to know more and find some relief which is fast affecting people of all walks of life.
Back pain is a common problem with many people, not only the elderly and middle-aged people, but also young people who work for long hours with their stretched working hours and busy lifestyles. The back bears most of the body weight and this problem is more pronounced in people who are overweight because in their case, the back has to bear the burden of their excess weight. The different causes of back pain are poor posture, lack of exercise, too much stress, tension, etc. Although there are many medications and other ways to treat back pain, it would be advisable to take preventive measures to prevent back pain in the first place.
With the fast and hectic lifestyles to overcome the serene lifestyle, young professionals are seen complaining about the conditions more than their older counterparts. Let alone working professionals, people from varied professionals like sports persons too suffer from this discomfort. Very special precautions are taken by these people, but sometimes it just creeps in. The great cricket maestro, Sachin Tendulkar has also fallen prey to it and has to take special care about it now. Sitting in the same position for long hours should be avoided. The best precaution to avoid back problems is to ensure small stretches periodically to relax your shoulders and back.
Here are some home remedies to help you with this problem:
- A lack of Vitamin C is a cause of back pain. Therefore, an intake of diet rich in Vitamin C helps a lot.
- Drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of honey to soothe back pain.
- Massage your back with garlic oil and eucalyptus oil, this will bring welcome relief from pain and inflammation.
- Bring a towel that has been pressed after soaking in hot salt water on the back. Application of heat in this way provides relief.
- Do not sit in the same position for several hours. Don't sit too upright nor too bending. A bad posture will only worsen your back pain.
- If you are overweight, the first thing you must do is to lose weight, because your back will have that much less pressure to bear.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.