Tips to clean household appliances!
In our homes all of us have appliances as without them we may not be able to live comfortably and to have them working properly one need to do some maintenance on regular intervals. Preventive maintenance is done by the experts (mechanics/service engineers) but we can clean these appliances on our own. Little bit of cleaning, greasing can make them operative nicely and saves the repair cost so we must clean them on regular basis.
Here are few tip to clean appliances:
How to clean air conditioner?.
Filter of the air conditioner is the main thing to be cleaned. That's fact keeping your air conditioner clean avoid frequent costly repairs. One can follow the few step mentioned below to clean air conditioner:
Switch off the AC. Check for grass/algae, leaves and other thing which may have blocked the air flow. Vacuum clean the condenser coils carefully. Unscrew the grill and wipe the fan with a cloth and make sure you do it carefully as electrical connections may not get damaged while lifting the grill. Add few drops of lubricant especially on the motor. Use warm water and put it with some pressure on the fins so that they may get cleaned. Reassemble the fan and grill to their original position. Leave AC idle for a day. Switch the thermostat to "cool" and set the temperature of the AC. Check if it is functioning properly.
How to clean refrigerator?
- Empty your refrigerator first and make a solution of half water and half vinegar and dip a sponge in the solution and scrub whole refrigerator gently that would help you to get rid of dust and dirt on the surface of your refrigerator.
- Use tooth brush for cleaning rubber molding around the door and then coat it with grease to prevent sticking and tearing.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom and cover it with the towel for removing odor removal from the fridge.
- Your refrigerator will remain cleaner if left over are not kept in the refrigerator for longer time. Always avoid by not keeping extra things in the refrigerator.
How to clean microwave?
Spilling of food inside microwave looks bad and smells bad also it reduces efficiency of the microwave. It’s not at all difficult to clean microwaves. Below are few steps to clean your microwave:
- Fill microwave bowl half full of water add a tablespoon of white vinegar in it. Place it inside the microwave. Turn ON the microwave for few minutes. Remove the bowl and wipe the inside surface of the microwave with the paper towel. Now you would find that the dirt will be easily wiped off from the surface of the microwave. There is another method too cut lemon in two halves. Place these pieces of lemon on a microwaveable plate add one table spoon of water in the plate. Place it in the microwave and switch ON microwave for 1 minute. Open the microwave and wipe inside surface of microwave with the tissue paper. You will feel the difference all the dirt will be removed from the surface and microwave will look cleaner.
How to clean washing machine?
Fill washing machine with water and add 2 cups of white vinegar to it and set it for 1 hour. Start the washing machine and let it run for whole cycle. When the machine drains out add some white vinegar to the sponge and scrub it. Fill washing machine with water again and pour 2 cups of bleach powder this time. Let it run for an hour and drain the water and clean it with the sponge and feel the difference.
How to clean ceiling fans?.
Ceiling fans are the ones which gather lots of dust and dirt and normally we neglect them. The best way to clean them is to dismantle them from the ceilings and put blades in soapy water and scrub them gently with the sponge. Similarly the motor of the ceiling fan can be wiped with a wet sponge. All dirt and dust would be cleared like this. Also the exhaust fans can be cleaned in the similar fashion.
One should always pay attention to the appliances as they deteriorate the beauty of the house if they are dirty and dusty so they must be cleaned regularly so as to avoid maintenance charges and to make house nice.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.