Words That Relates Clothing
This article may sound weird but this will be useful for those who needs to know more words that relates to clothing. The words relate to various clothes of various cultures too. Here you will find a real lot of interesting new words that I obviously haven't heard before....
1.apron-a protective or decorative garment worn over the front of one's clothes, either from chest or waist level, and tied at the back.
2.attire- that which clothes or adorns
3.belt- a girdle worn around the waist.
4.blouse- a woman's bodice
5.boots- the leather foot-covering.
6. breeches- short trousers fashioned below the knees
7.cap- a soft close-fitting head covering.
8. cassock- a long close tunic worn by priests.
9.chasuble- an upper priestly garment.
10.chemise- a women's shirt.
11. cloak- a loose sleeveless coat.
12. coat- the man's outer garment.
13. collar- a neck band.
14. cur-set- stay,inner bodice.
15. costume- complete set of garments.
16. cravat- neck cloth or tie.
17. frock- gown worn by women and children.
18. garb- costume.
19. garment- an article of dress.
20. garter- a band worn to keep up stocking.
21. gingham- a kind of colored cotton cloth with stripes or checks.
22. girdle- a belt or cord tied round the waist.
23. gown- a woman's upper garment.
24. gusset- an angular piece of cloth inserted in a garment to strengthen some part of it.
25. habit- any official or customary costume.
26. handkerchief- a piece of cloth used to keep oneself clean or wipe off sweat.
27. hat- the head covering.
28. hose- stockings.
29. kirtle- a sort of gown or outer petticoat.
30. kilt- a sort of short petticoat.
31. pelisse- a long mantle worn by ladies.
32. petticoat- women's under-skirt.
33. robe- any long loose outer garment.
34. shawl- a wrap or covering made of wool or silk for the body.
35. shirt- inner garment.
36. shoes- the outer foot-coverings
37. smock- a loose undergarments.
38. socks- short stockings.
39. surplice- a white robe worn by priests.
40. toga- the national robe of ancient roman.
41. towel- a cloth for wiping.
42. trousers- long breeches.
43. tunic- roman sleeved garment touching the knee
44. vest- a close fitting upper garment worn by men under the coat.
45. waistcoat- a garment worn beneath the coat.
46. saree- a garment consisting of a length of cotton or silk elaborately draped around the body, traditionally worn by women from the Indian subcontinent.
47. kimono- long, loose robe with wide sleeves and tied with a sash, originally worn as a formal garment in Japan and now also used elsewhere as a robe.
48. cheongsam- straight, close-fitting silk dress with a high neck, short sleeves, and a slit skirt, worn traditionally by Chinese and Indonesian women.
49. dirndl- a woman's dress in the style of Alpine peasant costume, with such a skirt and a close-fitting bodice.
50. jumper- a collarless sleeveless dress, typically worn over a blouse.
51. muumuu- a woman's loose, brightly colored dress, esp. one traditionally worn in Hawaii.
52. pinafore- a sleeveless apronlike garment worn over a child’s dress.
53. sarong-a garment consisting of a long piece of cloth worn wrapped around the body and tucked at the waist or under the armpits, traditionally worn in Southeast Asia and now also by women in the West.
54. sheath- a close-fitting cover for something, esp. something that is elongated in shape, in particular
• a cover for the blade of a knife or sword.
55. sun-dress- a light, loose, sleeveless dress, typically having a wide neckline and thin shoulder straps.
56 . cargo-loose-fitting casual slacks with large patch pockets on the thighs.
57. chaps-leather- pants without a seat, worn by a cowboy over ordinary pants to protect the legs.
58. sweatpants- loose, warm trousers with an elasticized or drawstring waist, worn when exercising or as leisurewear.
59. gauchos- a cowboy dress
60. culottes- women's knee-length trousers, cut with very full legs to resemble a skirt.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this article on other bookmarking websites.