Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It allows your body to replenish glycogen stores after an overnight fast. A healthy breakfast should include whole grains or cereals, high protein like eggs, milk, paneer and fresh fruits or vegetables.
Did you know?
• Adults who eat a healthy breakfast have been shown to have better energy, concentration and productivity during the day.
• Protein and fiber-rich whole grains can keep you full for hours, helping you to control your appetite and maintain a healthy weight.
• Eating a good breakfast generally improves the overall diet of a person that include less fat and cholesterol and more vitamins and minerals.
• Prolonged fasting associated with skipping breakfast can increase your body's sensitivity to insulin, increasing the amount of fat your body stores.
• Those skipping breakfast are more likely to snack unhealthily throughout the day.
• Fortified cereals are a good source of complex carbohydrate and fibre. Further, milk supplies the much needed calcium and proteins.
• Try a small platter of fruit, toast and 1 bowl of curd.
• An omelette with vegetables can be a healthy choice with fruit.
• Idli, poha, chilas and upma with a glass of milk.
• A parantha stuffed with cauliflower, radish, methi, paneer with curd.
• Whole grain sandwiches ( veg/paneer/egg) with a glass of milk.
So start your day right. Make time for a healthy breakfast. Don't leave home without it.