Books are best friends. They to our knowledge through their contents and enrich our understanding of the world. Some of the good books are described below.
1) Asian Drama: This book was written Gunnar Mydal, a Swedish economist. It is a report on the economies of Asian countries. This book attributes the backwardness of Asian countries to lock of scientific methods, low stamina and faulty planning.
2) Anand Math: This book was written by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee during freedom struggle, to inspire Indians against the British. Vandemataram, our national song, has been taken from this book.
3) Arthasastra: This book was written by Koutilya Chanakya, the prime minister of Chandragupta Maurya. This book is a treatise on statecraft and deals with the seven points of the state and Mauryan administration.
4) The Guide: This is a novel written by R.K. Narayanan. The story of this book revolves round the life a Raju who goes on from being a rogue o a faked swami with rare aplomb.
5) Gitanjali: This book was written by Rabindranath Tagore. It was written first Bengali and later translated into English. It is a collection of poems which won Tagore a Nobel Prize in literature.
6) Discovery of India: This book was written by Jawaharlal Nehru about the history of India from the Vedic times to the modem age. This book deeply analyses India’s heritage.
7) Gulliver’s travelers: This book was written by Jonathan Swift. It deals with the adventures of the Hero in a land of tiny people called Lilliputs.
8) Indian wins freedom: This book was written by Mauana Abdul Kalama Azad, one of the Stawlwarts of Indiana’s freedom struggles. The publication of this book created a political sensation because, in this book, Moalana Azad partially blamed Nehru one Patel for the partition of the country.
9) The story of my experiments with truth: This book is the autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi. It was written in a simple language. It deals Gandhi struggle against his won weakness and how he used Satyagraha as a weapon against the British.
10) Panchatantra: This book was written by Vishnu Sharma. It is a collection of stories and fables about animals and birds with morals for people of all ages.