Well- known books
Books are best friends. They to our knowledge through their contents and enrich our understanding of the world. Some of the good books are described below.
1) Asian Drama: This book was written Gunnar Mydal, a Swedish economist. It is a report on the economies of Asian countries. This book attributes the backwardness of Asian countries to lock of scientific methods, low stamina and faulty planning.
2) Anand Math: This book was written by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee during freedom struggle, to inspire Indians against the British. Vandemataram, our national song, has been taken from this book.
3) Arthasastra: This book was written by Koutilya Chanakya, the prime minister of Chandragupta Maurya. This book is a treatise on statecraft and deals with the seven points of the state and Mauryan administration.
4) The Guide: This is a novel written by R.K. Narayanan. The story of this book revolves round the life a Raju who goes on from being a rogue o a faked swami with rare aplomb.
5) Gitanjali: This book was written by Rabindranath Tagore. It was written first Bengali and later translated into English. It is a collection of poems which won Tagore a Nobel Prize in literature.
6) Discovery of India: This book was written by Jawaharlal Nehru about the history of India from the Vedic times to the modem age. This book deeply analyses India’s heritage.
7) Gulliver’s travelers: This book was written by Jonathan Swift. It deals with the adventures of the Hero in a land of tiny people called Lilliputs.
8) Indian wins freedom: This book was written by Mauana Abdul Kalama Azad, one of the Stawlwarts of Indiana’s freedom struggles. The publication of this book created a political sensation because, in this book, Moalana Azad partially blamed Nehru one Patel for the partition of the country.
9) The story of my experiments with truth: This book is the autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi. It was written in a simple language. It deals Gandhi struggle against his won weakness and how he used Satyagraha as a weapon against the British.
10) Panchatantra: This book was written by Vishnu Sharma. It is a collection of stories and fables about animals and birds with morals for people of all ages.