One does not get all that he desires- money, child (son or daughter), land or anything. But why should one be so desperate for having a son? Unfortunately a woman committed suicide. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/A-woman-allegedly-commits-suicide-for-not-having-a-son/articleshow/46321829.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is the peoples attitude that is at fault, from birth it is dinned into ones head that a woman is not complete or blessed unless she gives birth to a son, what a pity that even in this age and times people believe in such rubbish and go to the extent of giving up their life for such a silly reason..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

It's mere madness and a foolish belief. "Naputrasya Gatirnaasti"' without son, there is no moksha. These beliefs are to be rubbished at the earliest. Indira Gandhi was the only daughter of Nehru. And she has ruled the country.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Some people still need to undergo change in thinking - why a son is important is because Hindu customs and ritual and certain rites are only carried out by a son and hence there is still a large group of people who want baby boys and not baby girls to carry forward their so called family name and do the last rites.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

Some people still need to undergo change in thinking - why a son is important is because Hindu customs and ritual and certain rites are only carried out by a son and hence there is still a large group of people who want baby boys and not baby girls to carry forward their so called family name and do the last rites.

Performing the last rights of parents is an exclusive domain for males, is nothing but a superstition. Presently, even women also performing the last rights. Thus breaking the myth.

In a family of average income and less education, parents, especially mothers, are worried about the difficulties for upbringing of their daughters and getting them married. In case of a son, there is nothing to bother about him; he will take care of himself and will care the parents. Such unhealthy thoughts may lead to severe depression and suicide.

It is the peoples attitude that is at fault, from birth it is dinned into ones head that a woman is not complete or blessed unless she gives birth to a son, what a pity that even in this age and times people believe in such rubbish and go to the extent of giving up their life for such a silly reason..

True...today with girls being presented with equal opportunities of education and livelihood, more and more women are taking care of their parents in old age, even in case of couples who do have sons but are abandoned by them, it is the daughters who look after them. Yet, the age old belief and mentality that only a son will enable you to reach heaven, is the cause of anguish for many.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

In a family of average income and less education, parents, especially mothers, are worried about the difficulties for upbringing of their daughters and getting them married. In case of a son, there is nothing to bother about him; he will take care of himself and will care the parents. Such unhealthy thoughts may lead to severe depression and suicide.

The fault lies with the people's wrong beliefs which were deeply rooted in our lives since centuries. These should be uprooted.

I have no son but a daughter only and I think I am very much alive till date.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I have no son but a daughter only and I think I am very much alive till date.

Sure you will be alive. Heaven is not going to fall on you. Nothing happened to Nehru, though he had only one daughter, who ruled the country.

Thank you said by: suni51
rambabu wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

Performing the last rights of parents is an exclusive domain for males, is nothing but a superstition. Presently, even women also performing the last rights. Thus breaking the myth.

Exactly, that is what I said people need to undergo a massive change in their thinking, girls are equally carrying out performing the last rites of their parents. But it will take time for this feeling to seep into a large group of people.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.