Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks Gulshanji! Your criteria are very logical!

In this respect I would like to deal with some broad issues which this decision is trying to overlook.Like all professianlly managed sites there should be one or a team of ones who or which examines a post and then clears it to be posted.Here we don't have any such arrangements which may prove very dangerous.Now anyone can get away with posting anything in the absence of any pre-post scrutiny.Just imagine if someone writes anything defamatory or opposed to public policy,what would be the legal implications for the site?

I share the concern. I think that moderator be given assignment to screen all posts once a day and delete the objectionable content. The contents can be deleted or edited only after posting. Members can also help by using the 'report' button often.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The purpose of the DFAA is to abetment ambit with the costs of ambidextrous with a adversity area those costs would contrarily abode a cogent accountability on the bigoted abridgement and would beat what they ability analytic be accepted to absolutely buck on their own.
@Gulshanji

As you must be aware of the relevant provisons of defamations laws and once such a post appears and its transmission takes place real time and subsequent deletion won't save the situation.That's the reason I am suggesting pre-post scrutiny!
@Gulshanji

As you must be aware of the relevant provisons of defamations laws and once such a post appears and its transmission takes place real time and subsequent deletion won't save the situation.That's the reason I am suggesting pre-post scrutiny!

I request administration/ Maverick to consider the concern of Chinmoy, the law on defamation and take necessary measures so as to avoid any unpleasant situation. We have already procedure of editing the articles. Similar procedure in Discussion may not be feasible.

There is a 'Disclaimer' notice in articles that states that the views or of author and management or site is not responsible for anything published on the site. This may suffice to safeguard the interests of site. Primarily responsibility is thus of authors. The editors/ moderators can be assigned job of screening out objectionable material shortly after publication. Facebook has also expressed inability to weed out undesirable content before publication.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Chinmoy, Gulshanji, thank you for taking up some important issues into the discussion. In my view, moderation of topics will negatively impact the discussions as people want to discuss in real time which is why the forum is popular among all. We cannot totally control the information that is being written across the forum, but as you said, we can control part of it through moderator checkups, reporting facility etc. I will work on having a common disclaimer notice just like articles for entire site.

Coming into the topic, I appreciate your valuable suggestions. Since most of us have the same thought of continuing the same award, we will go ahead with it starting from 15th Feb. I hope this time it will not create any problems. As Gulashanji told, we will impose certain rules on declaring the winner so that the process is more transparent.

I hope the resolution is fine to everyone.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Also, just wanted to share few thoughts on rules that Gulshanji told:

1. The posts that are considered should be both topics and replies. Since making certain number of topics mandatory will lead to the old issue again - flood of unnecessary topics.

2. Highest post could is very well taken but at the same time, it is more important that how much a post impact the forum. So highest post should not be the sole first criteria. For example a user who post 1 topic and actively participate in it and drawing many members attention is well deserved to get the award.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Yes Gulshan ji its nice suggession so I think in future lot of changes is coming in DFAA award.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

@Maverick

Thank you for responding positively to our suggestion. Another aspect which is distantly related to the topic.As Gulshanji suggested that there must be regular evaluation of the performances of moderators and editors.Recently we have instances where one moderator quite sensibly asking another to be careful in his posts.It's not a very desirable scenario!
@Maverick

Thank you for responding positively to our suggestion. Another aspect which is distantly related to the topic.As Gulshanji suggested that there must be regular evaluation of the performances of moderators and editors.Recently we have instances where one moderator quite sensibly asking another to be careful in his posts.It's not a very desirable scenario!

Agree with you. Lets be positive once again, and hope for the best.

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
@Maverick

From the very beginning we- although a minority few - have been stressing on quality aspect.While it is not possible to determine it without some kind of subjectivity but it's logical to expect any award winning member to produce at least a minimum number of posts which may not be stipulated. As he or she has to prove quality through posts,he or she would post them anyway!Apart from that a new,prospective member may be considered for this award by way of encouragement and exception as Aastha used to do.No member should be allowed to have it more than three times consecutively.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.