Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]@Kalyani

Don't fail to see through the offensive content of it! [/quote]

Right Chinmoy, I am putting my foot down here against such a thing and I am sure so will you!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Absolutely! None should be allowed to get away with this!
Almost everything has been said regarding the improvement in the DFAA award and the role of moderators and editors........

I would emphasis only on one thing is that due importance should be given on the grammar and punctuation of the posts/articles......

I have been associated with this site since the last month and the main drawback which I find is the poor grammar used in the articles. Although there are some articles which are very well written but there are many in which you would find a lot of grammatical mistake. That makes the viewer disinterested in reading the articles further.It also reflects that neither a proper editing has been done by the writer nor a reviewing has been done.

This in a way hampers the quality of the site overall.....

smriti
@Smriti

You are bang on! That's what is our point all about and I have been crying hoarse for years together on it!!!
I agree with Arun but:

1. DFAA would improve the quality by imposing certain rules as mentioned before on this thread, may be the rules can be improvised. Idea of making it weekly and nominate own topics is something we may consider.

2. Agree with the forum points.

3. Moderators & Editors: Yes, basic communication skills are important for these roles. I believe recent recruitment of editors and moderators are based on this factor.

We can improve the selection process in two steps:

a. Selection based on articles/forum activity and quality of posts made

b. A basic quiz on English grammar and communication skills should be taken by the persons who want to take this role.

Your views are welcome.

I would just like to comment on your third point (I am against any incentive based forum activity so I am not the right person to delve into that topic).

Really, were the rules applied to the recent recruit of editors/moderators? I don't think so. You know, few back one of my referral sent me an email, saying that his article was rejected because he did not put space at couple of places between words like for example "Myego", now I would have agreed with Editor if the concerned person was a repeated offender, but if it is his first time, I think editor should have corrected that (It would have only take 1 second and 2 keystrokes of keyboard) and left him a note to properly format in future. It really is frustrating because once your article is rejected you have to submit that article all over again and it will again take days for it to be approved.

After a few days, I got another email from my referral with a screenshot. His article was rejected due to grammar and sentence construction issues. I havn't read the article concerned here, so yea maybe the editor was correct, but the irony of the situation was that the note he received from editor was not grammatically correct. The note itself had sentence construction and grammar issues. No wonder my referral formed a very bad impression about Boddunan.

So all I am saying is revamp the team, follow a hierarchy and put up a proper recruitment process. Editors and Moderators are face of any site and their conduct is what forms an impression about the site. So even if you have to be strict so be it.
As I am a new member here and not aware about the dispute but I can see that there seems to be a dispute on awards might be related to a daily award on forums. That is a good idea. May be i can also be one of them. I sure would prefer certain norms preset for them. Quality contents only, no quantity.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Almost everything has been said regarding the improvement in the DFAA award and the role of moderators and editors........

I would emphasis only on one thing is that due importance should be given on the grammar and punctuation of the posts/articles......

I have been associated with this site since the last month and the main drawback which I find is the poor grammar used in the articles. Although there are some articles which are very well written but there are many in which you would find a lot of grammatical mistake. That makes the viewer disinterested in reading the articles further.It also reflects that neither a proper editing has been done by the writer nor a reviewing has been done.

Totally agree, Smriti, Chinmoy and many others have raised this issue many times. But I think it all boils down to editors and the personal desire of a member to learn.

English is our second language and not everyone speaks/writes perfect English. But what we need is a qualified person to critique our work and point us in the right direction and a willingness to learn and not to repeat the same mistakes.

Also, more stress should be given on article writing rather than forum posting. No editor is going to check forums for English usage/sentence correction etc. A member will improve and learn more if he writes articles as he/she will receive guidance from editor. This will automatically show in his/her forum posting.
I have a request that they should not create any vulgar forums too. As just now I came across 2 forums.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Totally agree, Smriti, Chinmoy and many others have raised this issue many times. But I think it all boils down to editors and the personal desire of a member to learn.

English is our second language and not everyone speaks/writes perfect English. But what we need is a qualified person to critique our work and point us in the right direction and a willingness to learn and not to repeat the same mistakes.

Also, more stress should be given on article writing rather than forum posting. No editor is going to check forums for English usage/sentence correction etc. A member will improve and learn more if he writes articles as he/she will receive guidance from editor. This will automatically show in his/her forum posting.

Some editors and moderators should be assigned the task of complete editing and making the articles presentable to the whole English speaking world. I request management to consider this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Gulshanji - While the idea is very good, I think it will take more resources which in my opinion Boddunan is not ready to take (Judging by the monthly earnings)

Though I really like the idea. The special can give a detail report to the user as to where they have made mistake and not to repeat those mistake as it would result in low payment of article.

I have setup a similar process with few of my clients. When I delegate a task to my team of writers, the article is sent to a third party content management team where they check the article for grammar, proper english, duplicate content and usefulness. Accordingly they prepare their report and send one copy to me and my client. The client then decides the pay of the article based on the recommendations and the amount of work the content management team had to do on the article.

The cost of the team is split between me and my client. The services are quite costly though.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.