Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thank you all for your valuable views and suggestions. I really did not think about so many issues queuing up. Let us not delve into the past and take the actions for future.

What I understood from this discussion is the below changes are necessary:

1. Rebuild the team of editors and moderators: We need a transparent and efficient selection process so that this kind of situations will not arise in future, though I will back the existing team, the changes are necessary.

2. Revamping the selection process: Need more efficient selection process for both moderators and editors.

3. Updating articles: This is something very big task but yes small steps lead to a long destination. We need to have content moderators/authors for doing this big task of editing more than 10K articles.

I hope I cover most, if not all, points. So my views are:

1. To make everything mentioned into above a reality, we need number of volunteers (I will take the burden of charge if at all required so this is not a problem).

2. The selection process:
a) A dedicated page anyone can nominate themselves with the support of their contribution mentioned in nomination.
b) A selection team comprising of senior members
c) A mandatory test of communications skills (which helps the people in point b). The test may not be multiple choice (I am against to it) but a descriptive test to see if the person fit the job.
d) A transparent review process of selected moderators/editors.

3) Articles: Need volunteers (someone from point 2)

Please share your views.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: ajay, Kalyani Nandurkar
This is finally very well summed up by Maverick and I think it comprises of almost everything that are required for the site to move up and progress in the positive direction. This sort of professionalism will go a long way in the development of the site and bring in the fresh air for motivation to all the members of the boddunan community.
Now I think Dfaa award will be given without any controversy. Nice discussion and suggestion by Maverick.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you all for your valuable views and suggestions. I really did not think about so many issues queuing up. Let us not delve into the past and take the actions for future.

1. Rebuild the team of editors and moderators: We need a transparent and efficient selection process so that this kind of situations will not arise in future, though I will back the existing team, the changes are necessary.

2. Revamping the selection process: Need more efficient selection process for both moderators and editors.

3. Updating articles: This is something very big task but yes small steps lead to a long destination. We need to have content moderators/authors for doing this big task of editing more than 10K articles.

1. To make everything mentioned into above a reality, we need number of volunteers (I will take the burden of charge if at all required so this is not a problem).

a) A dedicated page anyone can nominate themselves with the support of their contribution mentioned in nomination.
c) A mandatory test of communications skills (which helps the people in point b). The test may not be multiple choice (I am against to it) but a descriptive test to see if the person fit the job.

Please share your views.

The suggestions have been well summarized and grasped. Now we need follow up action. I may add that the assignments may be rotated among moderators. For example, the assignment of DFAA may be rotated among moderators instead of one moderator doing the job continuously. Similarly, the assignments in GD may be rotated among moderators. This will also ensure that all moderators are equally burdened with responsibility and work.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks Maverick, you have pretty well laid down clearly the tasks that are crucial and significant. It is really a welcome change to revamp and assess the roles of moderators and editors as they are essentially the reflection of what the site stands for.

You have my full support and am volunteering to do any task that is required and you may see me fit for. :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks Maverick for producing one of the finest and most comprehensive replies which genuinely attempts at addressing the issues which we have been agitating in this forum for quite some time.Being a person with a little bit of knowledge of finance,I can understand what is coming in the way of implementing some of your ideas but we have to make best use of whatever is available.It would have been a great pleasure and opportunity to associate myself more in this process but time and regular availablity are the two issues I am currently confronted with.However,I would continue to do whatever I have been doing for years.Thank you once again!
Thank you everyone for your continuous support. If nothing else comes up, I will go ahead with the plan and layout the steps required for implementing the action.

To make the transition smooth and the current process continue without disturbances, the implementation will be carried out in phased manner.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Please share your views.

The suggestions have been well summarized and grasped. Now we need follow up action. I may add that the assignments may be rotated among moderators. For example, the assignment of DFAA may be rotated among moderators instead of one moderator doing the job continuously. Similarly, the assignments in GD may be rotated among moderators. This will also ensure that all moderators are equally burdened with responsibility and work.

I will make a note of your suggestion. Thank you.

Thanks Maverick, you have pretty well laid down clearly the tasks that are crucial and significant. It is really a welcome change to revamp and assess the roles of moderators and editors as they are essentially the reflection of what the site stands for.

You have my full support and am volunteering to do any task that is required and you may see me fit for. :)

Thank you Kalyani, appreciate your support.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Thanks Maverick for producing one of the finest and most comprehensive replies which genuinely attempts at addressing the issues which we have been agitating in this forum for quite some time.Being a person with a little bit of knowledge of finance,I can understand what is coming in the way of implementing some of your ideas but we have to make best use of whatever is available.It would have been a great pleasure and opportunity to associate myself more in this process but time and regular availablity are the two issues I am currently confronted with.However,I would continue to do whatever I have been doing for years.Thank you once again!
Though you are officially not part of the team moderators, your involvement on forum makes the difference. Thank you for the support.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.