Hi All,

The most exiting feature we are waiting for long time is here. Now you can submit polls as well as earn points for the polls and votes.

Let us gear up and add some good polls. Please let us know your feedback to improve the feature.

- Maverick

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hai Maverick :)

This is really a wonderful step,I just hope people vote with the same vigor and enthusiasm as if voting for the country :laugh:

You have been working really hard to bring about various changes and implementation to the site!This is really a great job!

Thanks and regards,
Swetha Shenoy :)

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you Swetha for your feedback. I will try to do the same in the future as well.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Maverick.
Its really great interface of polls now. GOOD job.

Now it better to create polls and i feel members learn from these polls regarding the thinking of other people.

GREAT POLLS!!!

-Atul Barapatre

atulb@boddunan.com
Hello Maverick,

This is a good initiative to introduce polls posted by the members. 'Initiated Polls' are not only meant for voting and collecting data or statistics; they are rather dedicated messages from the members to the visitors and make them think on a particular issue.

Discovering new frontiers... Keep it up Boddunan.com

- Harish Jharia

Harish Jharia
http://harishjhariasblog.blogspot.com/
It is a great addition to the feature of the boddunan. It will sure boost the traffic of this site.
I want to give suggestion :

1. make a restriction of creating polls like maximum 5 polls can be created by a member in a day. This is to ensure that they will not post silly polls. If this restriction will get started then members will post quality polls.

2. Assign some editors to verify the polls. Only Good polls should be approved.

3. Start a prize system for the maximum votes of the poll for the month. Only polls created in that month is eligible for that months only.

Thank you.
Also,restrict the total numbers of votes given by a member. It can be 20-30 polls per day. It is to ensure that members will give time to read the good poll and they will give their best judgment before giving a vote.
Hi pankaj,

These are the comments for your points:
1. We have just opened poll system for other members, so we will take necessary action after getting a good number of active members.
2. Polls are auto-moderated. Its basically programmed for avoiding duplicate and spam posts. We may appoint someone in future if it demands.
3. actually we thought our members will create atleast 100 in first day itself, so we may think of giving cash.
But instead of maximum votes we will consider more valuable poll created.

-Atul Barapatre

atulb@boddunan.com
Hi atul,
your 3rd point is good but if members will start creating more than 100 polls then it will become difficult to identify the good polls.For that we have to browse all the polls.
To Identify Good polls we have added category browsing section in the top.
Also By 100 polls I meant, we will be having a kick start to our much awaited feature 'Polls'. Its just a level that we estimated but depends on members who want any statistic regarding any topic.

And if you see member counts then 100 polls per day is very less.

-Atul Barapatre

atulb@boddunan.com
As this is just a starting stage of polls, there are lot of things that needs to be done. I agree with you that we need to restrict in the front of creating and voting the polls. Since we have just started, I thought of not having that restriction at this point of time. Anyway we will do that in the future.

Moderating each and every polls doesn't look good and also not that much feasible. We will add a Report This link for every poll and the members can report the poll if something goes wrong.

Giving cash credits to each and every poll is also not feasible, but we can have monthly/weekly prizes for top contributors.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.