Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Let me put forward another suggestion...... am sure I will get criticism more than appreciation ;)
Yet, let me tell you.
What about moderator points for our posts in forum?
A special power given to moderators only to give moderator points to nice answers posted here. It will surely prompt users to improve the quality of their posts. Let me differentiate it from Karma. We don't know who gives Karma, but moderator points should be visible to all. Just below that particular post, name of the moderator who gives moderator points. (Same as Thank you message displayed under our posts). If moderators are able to give such points, am sure it will improve quality of everyone's posts here, including our moderators who can themselves receive moderator points from other moderators.
Total Moderator points count can be shown below Karma of our profile picture.

What do you think?
As moderators are believed to be non-partial decision makers, I think we can get best results.

Don't worry as I understand moderator points shall be coming in form of deleted posts. That will give enough lessons to members with substandard and spam posts. in case moderators started giving points to posts then it is going to be more harm than good for the site. 5 points are being awarded for quality posts only. :) :)

I have told already, more than appreciations for this suggestions .....I will get negative remarks :S :S :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let us differentiate between normal points and moderator points. They are just shown as Karma, never to be counted along with normal points. Since, now, there is no like/dislike button available, am putting forward this suggestion....
For this suggestion to be implemented successfully, new set of moderators should be able to do it nicely....just see it as teacher's remarks for good students of the class

Moderator- old or new- have no authority to follow their own rules. They have to ensure that the rules made by Boddunan administration are complied with.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Let me put forward another suggestion...... am sure I will get criticism more than appreciation ;)
Yet, let me tell you.
A special power given to moderators only to give moderator points to nice answers posted here. It will surely prompt users to improve the quality of their posts. Let me differentiate it from Karma. We don't know who gives Karma, but moderator points should be visible to all. Just below that particular post, name of the moderator who gives moderator points. (Same as Thank you message displayed under our posts). If moderators are able to give such points, am sure it will improve quality of everyone's posts here, including our moderators who can themselves receive moderator points from other moderators.

What do you think?
As moderators are believed to be non-partial decision makers, I think we can get best results.

Don't worry as I understand moderator points shall be coming in form of deleted posts. That will give enough lessons to members with substandard and spam posts. in case moderators started giving points to posts then it is going to be more harm than good for the site. 5 points are being awarded for quality posts only. :) :)

I have told already, more than appreciations for this suggestions .....I will get negative remarks :S :S :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let us differentiate between normal points and moderator points. They are just shown as Karma, never to be counted along with normal points. Since, now, there is no like/dislike button available, am putting forward this suggestion....
For this suggestion to be implemented successfully, new set of moderators should be able to do it nicely....just see it as teacher's remarks for good students of the class

Moderator- old or new- have no authority to follow their own rules. They have to ensure that the rules made by Boddunan administration are complied with.

True, Enabling moderators to be able to give points at their discretion will not be quite healthy, only if each and every person here accepts that the moderator ruling is final, then can this work. Or else, there is always going to be someone who will keep challenging it every time!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yet, let me tell you.

What do you think?

True, Enabling moderators to be able to give points at their discretion will not be quite healthy, only if each and every person here accepts that the moderator ruling is final, then can this work. Or else, there is always going to be someone who will keep challenging it every time!

Yes, it is upto moderators only....
But if implemented and carry forward it can improve quality of forum posts for sure

Meera sandhu
Yet, let me tell you.

What do you think?

But if implemented and carry forward it can improve quality of forum posts for sure

all that the moderator may do is to see that the post does not violate Boddunan norms. If this is so, he must delete the post. If the contents are okay but there are some grammatical errors, he may edit. Beyond this he may do nothing. He is just a member of Boddunan team and his function is to see that the rules are adhered to.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's why I told it should be visible to everyone.....
By this way, since nothing is hidden, it really works.....also reading the posts which gets moderator points, every member can learn and improve something.
It's a suggestion....if we are able to see its right side only, it's really positive. It can be used in negative manner also. But, as thank you posts, it's nothing significant...but something really worth for increasing quality posts

Meera sandhu
Yet, let me tell you.

What do you think?

all that the moderator may do is to see that the post does not violate Boddunan norms. If this is so, he must delete the post. If the contents are okay but there are some grammatical errors, he may edit. Beyond this he may do nothing. He is just a member of Boddunan team and his function is to see that the rules are adhered to.

This is the nice suggestion but there are taking some changes in the site so let us wait and see for more time.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Announcement: Sometime back an issue with images was reported as the new site do not allow you to add images in posts. The issue with attaching images is resolved now. Please check and let me know in case you face any issues.
thanksb.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Announcement: Sometime back an issue with images was reported as the new site do not allow you to add images in posts. The issue with attaching images is resolved now. Please check and let me know in case you face any issues.

Let me check it.
Chacha_2012-09-05.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Let me also.... :woohoo:

Days have passed since I attached my animated gifs :(
Am missing them a lot in forums...am really happy now

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8586]}
001_2012-09-05.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Success!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thank you admin :cheer:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8587]}

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.