The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks Kalyani for your valuable suggestions.
1. The understanding of English language must be perfect with enough fluency and also proper knowledge of colloquial English too.
Absolutely correct. I would prefer a member who is more sensible to the activities/topics discussed on the community than an English proficient, ofcourse I am not saying language proficiency is not necessary. This is important because the moderators need to be part of the social community and discussions and should not deter the enthusiasm of the community.
[quote]2. Understanding of forums and all contests that are conducted with full knowledge of rules and regulations.
A basic eligibility criteria :) which is what you have to answer in the survey.
[quote]3. Most important and crucial, ability to remain impartial and fair to everyone.[/quote] +1 from me.
[quote]4. Most important, if a moderator or editor fails to log in to the website for more than a specified number of days, without permission from Maverick, his or her duties must be immediately revoked. What I am seeing now is many old editors hardly ever log in to boddunan for many months and when I see the awards section, I see they being paid amounts of 5 rs or 10 rs etc. as editor bonus! This is not done. As existing and active editors work here to full potential, it is not fair and also may l;eave members confused as to whether they really exist or not![/quote]Except in some emergencies which need a moderator to go offline temporarily. Yes, with proper communication to the team.[/quote]

Maverick, thanks for your comments! Re point 1, yes I understand that not all would be very much fluent in English but the moderators and editors both roles reflect the very quality of any website, hence the language they write in here and the kind of articles they evaluate here are the mirrors of quality, hence they should be efficient in the language. Of course, it goes without saying that there skills should not deter the enthusiasm of community but still we cannot ignore efficiency part.

This is indeed a good move on your part to get moderators and editors answer a survey to see if they fit the role! Thumbs up for that!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

1. The understanding of English language must be perfect with enough fluency and also proper knowledge of colloquial English too.
Absolutely correct. I would prefer a member who is more sensible to the activities/topics discussed on the community than an English proficient, ofcourse I am not saying language proficiency is not necessary. This is important because the moderators need to be part of the social community and discussions and should not deter the enthusiasm of the community.
[quote]2. Understanding of forums and all contests that are conducted with full knowledge of rules and regulations.
[quote]3. Most important and crucial, ability to remain impartial and fair to everyone.
+1 from me.
[quote]4. Most important, if a moderator or editor fails to log in to the website for more than a specified number of days, without permission from Maverick, his or her duties must be immediately revoked. What I am seeing now is many old editors hardly ever log in to boddunan for many months and when I see the awards section, I see they being paid amounts of 5 rs or 10 rs etc. as editor bonus! This is not done. As existing and active editors work here to full potential, it is not fair and also may l;eave members confused as to whether they really exist or not![/quote]Except in some emergencies which need a moderator to go offline temporarily. Yes, with proper communication to the team.[/quote]

Maverick, thanks for your comments! Re point 1, yes I understand that not all would be very much fluent in English but the moderators and editors both roles reflect the very quality of any website, hence the language they write in here and the kind of articles they evaluate here are the mirrors of quality, hence they should be efficient in the language. Of course, it goes without saying that there skills should not deter the enthusiasm of community but still we cannot ignore efficiency part.

This is indeed a good move on your part to get moderators and editors answer a survey to see if they fit the role! Thumbs up for that!! :)[/quote]

Even i too agree with kalyani and Chinmoyji moderators should have profiency in English language.There should be a difference in the members and moderators as moderators when they themselves are not good in the language then how can they edit posts/articles. :blink:
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I am happy that Boddunan is growing faster day by day.A very happy news for all of the members.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes Gulshan ji I have noticed it you act as a member than a moderator. :)

I just want to know what are the responsibility and authority of a moderator. moreover what are the monetary benefits we get from being a moderator here. :blink:

A moderator gets moderator bonus in addition to monthly revenue distribution. I am a moderator only in Daily Doze. I daily see all posts within last one day and take appropriate action if necessary. some moderators are global moderators and their role is more visible.

When I find something wrong in a post, I just edit this with a view to correct any mistake and remove only objectionable portion without deleting entire post. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

I just want to know what are the responsibility and authority of a moderator. moreover what are the monetary benefits we get from being a moderator here. :blink:

A moderator gets moderator bonus in addition to monthly revenue distribution. I am a moderator only in Daily Doze. I daily see all posts within last one day and take appropriate action if necessary. some moderators are global moderators and their role is more visible.

When I find something wrong in a post, I just edit this with a view to correct any mistake and remove only objectionable portion without deleting entire post. .

And how this "Bonus" is calculated at the end?. :blink:

And how this "Bonus" is calculated at the end?. :blink:

(5%Revenue) / No.of. Moderators

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
[quote]3. Most important and crucial, ability to remain impartial and fair to everyone.
+1 from me.
[quote]4. Most important, if a moderator or editor fails to log in to the website for more than a specified number of days, without permission from Maverick, his or her duties must be immediately revoked. What I am seeing now is many old editors hardly ever log in to boddunan for many months and when I see the awards section, I see they being paid amounts of 5 rs or 10 rs etc. as editor bonus! This is not done. As existing and active editors work here to full potential, it is not fair and also may l;eave members confused as to whether they really exist or not!
Except in some emergencies which need a moderator to go offline temporarily. Yes, with proper communication to the team.[/quote]

This is indeed a good move on your part to get moderators and editors answer a survey to see if they fit the role! Thumbs up for that!! :)[/quote]

Even i too agree with kalyani and Chinmoyji moderators should have profiency in English language.There should be a difference in the members and moderators as moderators when they themselves are not good in the language then how can they edit posts/articles. :blink:[/quote]

Same here,I too feel that when their job includes editing and approving articles and also following forum discussions , moderators should have a good command over the language ... However, it is great to see all these positive moves and changes here :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes all administrators should be universal and should have control over all.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

I fully agree with you on giving primacy to proficiency in English. Some of our moderators are awfully deficient in it. This time the administration must address this issue. It's more important in the case of editors.

Yes i too agree with it. Give some importance to English languages also. After i joined here , i improved my language well . When i read some moderator post i am really feel bad about their language. They are trying to convert their view from their mother tongue to English language. :( :(

http://moneyrumors.blogspot.com

I fully agree with you on giving primacy to proficiency in English. Some of our moderators are awfully deficient in it. This time the administration must address this issue. It's more important in the case of editors.

Yes i too agree with it. Give some importance to English languages also. After i joined here , i improved my language well . When i read some moderator post i am really feel bad about their language. They are trying to convert their view from their mother tongue to English language. :( :(

I agree to your advice. Please excuse me for pointing out some glaring mistakes in this post. I could send you a PM but I wish to tell others also as such mistakes are common

'I am really feel bad' is obviously wrong. Either say- I really feel bad- or 'I am really feeling bad'. You cannot use first form of verb with 'am' If this is continuous tense, add 'ing' otherwise omit 'am'

Last sentence is correct. But it would be better to use the word 'translate' instead of 'convert'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, vimala
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.