The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I fully agree with you on giving primacy to proficiency in English. Some of our moderators are awfully deficient in it. This time the administration must address this issue. It's more important in the case of editors.

Yes i too agree with it. Give some importance to English languages also. After i joined here , i improved my language well . When i read some moderator post i am really feel bad about their language. They are trying to convert their view from their mother tongue to English language. :( :(

I agree to your advice. Please excuse me for pointing out some glaring mistakes in this post. I could send you a PM but I wish to tell others also as such mistakes are common

'I am really feel bad' is obviously wrong. Either say- I really feel bad- or 'I am really feeling bad'. You cannot use first form of verb with 'am' If this is continuous tense, add 'ing' otherwise omit 'am'

Last sentence is correct. But it would be better to use the word 'translate' instead of 'convert'.

That's why she is a member not a moderator. :woohoo:

Moderators are not expected to do such mistakes but here,there are moderators who can do more blunders :blink:

I fully agree with you on giving primacy to proficiency in English. Some of our moderators are awfully deficient in it. This time the administration must address this issue. It's more important in the case of editors.

Yes i too agree with it. Give some importance to English languages also. After i joined here , i improved my language well . When i read some moderator post i am really feel bad about their language. They are trying to convert their view from their mother tongue to English language. :( :(

I agree to your advice. Please excuse me for pointing out some glaring mistakes in this post. I could send you a PM but I wish to tell others also as such mistakes are common

'I am really feel bad' is obviously wrong. Either say- I really feel bad- or 'I am really feeling bad'. You cannot use first form of verb with 'am' If this is continuous tense, add 'ing' otherwise omit 'am'

Last sentence is correct. But it would be better to use the word 'translate' instead of 'convert'.

Moderators are not expected to do such mistakes but here are moderators who can do more blunders here. :blink:

Moderators are supposed to be more skilled in language but no body can be correct all times. We all should continuously improve our skills. Members are also required to write better language. Many non members read our site. If the members are more careful and proficient, moderators will be less burdened. It is job of all- administration, editors, moderators and members to give best performance and continuously upgrade their skill.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani, Maverick

Moderators are not expected to do such mistakes but here are moderators who can do more blunders here. :blink:

Is it here are moderators or there are moderators??? :blink: :blink:
Can you correct the sentence please? :whistle:

Meera sandhu

Is it here are moderators or there are moderators??? :blink: :blink:
Can you correct the sentence please? :whistle:

The member is writing about moderators on this site only. Hence using the word 'here' is okay. If he intended to write about moderators anywhere, 'there' would be more appropriate.

Let me also point out that we must avoid glaring mistakes or blunders. Some small mistakes cannot be always avoided. If you do so, you cannot write more and fast.

Moderators are supposed to be more skilled in language but no body can be correct all times. We all should continuously improve our skills. Members are also required to write better language. Many non members read our site. If the members are more careful and proficient, moderators will be less burdened. It is job of all- administration, editors, moderators and members to give best performance and continuously upgrade their skill.

Absolutely this is our duty to make this site a good site for others by writing good contents. :)

But we can't expect members to be expert in it but we expect a expertise from a moderator.And if a moderator itself is like members then who's going to rectify the mistakes which we member do on the threads. :blink:

Absolutely this is our duty to make this site a good site for others by writing good contents. :)

But we can't expect members to be expert in it but we expect a expertise from a moderator.And if a moderator itself is like members then who's going to rectify the mistakes which we member do on the threads. :blink:

Administration is appointing moderators afresh. I hope suitable persons will be selected. I agree that moderators should be proficient in language. But we all should improve all the time.

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

Yes Sanjeev, moderators are supposed to be efficient so that they can help others improve their language skills. Now after revamping the team is complete, I am sure we will all see the positive difference!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Just would like to update you all on the status of team selection, we have got a very good response from the members. Thank you very much.

We will accept any requests that reach us on or before 31st Aug, 2012. All existing moderators roles will be revoked on the same day.

All those, who sent us the request, will get the survey invitation between 1st September and 3rd September and need to complete it by 7th September.

The results will be announced on 10th September after careful analysis of the responses. All members are requested to co-operate with us for these 10 days as we do not have official moderators, however, hopefully all senior members help us.

Please note that the number of roles are limited to maximum 5 in extreme case. Since we got requests for more than we require, you should please consider the fact that not all people who sent request will be selected. It doesn't mean that the a person who is not selected is not capable but we have no available positions for them at present.

We will keep all your profiles with us and offer you suitable position in future. We believe everyone who sent us request is equally capable and will do selection transparently. Please do take this selection sportively and support us in future as well.

We wish you all the best.

Thank you,
Boddunan Administration Team

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Hope all inputs given by members would guide the entire selection process and only merit would be the criterion. I also feel a similar exercise at revamp of editorial team is long overdue.
This is the nice decision but I did not understood why the firing of old moderators. We had valuable moderators who had helped alot to many people in this site. Even kalyani mam also one of the senior moderator in this site. In my opinion it is better not to fire all the moderators but who had not participated for months can be fired.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.