Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have a doubt here.....Is it against the rules here to have two similar looking threads running at the same time? One may be slightly different in context ...earlier I have seen many such threads running together and continue to do so...Some members make a noise when it suits them and some threads got either closed or merged , however some continue to remain because no one complained. Now giving 8 points for pointing out the closure of a thread seems a bit too unfair..Knowing the mentality here it is going to be misused left right and center..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sunil.. But this is really not good. I mean people are just giving negative things because of change of opinion for that answer.. And loosing point for that is not fair I guess.

it seems everyone is interested in Q&A section now, that forums :silly:
now, let me also know what's interesting there :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
still now, I have never served Boddunan through Q&A :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu
I have a doubt here.....Is it against the rules here to have two similar looking threads running at the same time? One may be slightly different in context ...earlier I have seen many such threads running together and continue to do so...Some members make a noise when it suits them and some threads got either closed or merged , however some continue to remain because no one complained. Now giving 8 points for pointing out the closure of a thread seems a bit too unfair..Knowing the mentality here it is going to be misused left right and center..

Never mind that 8 point system seems to have been stricken off in admin's list that would save some reporting .

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

He he he! I just checked and saw that I have got more than 8 minus twos and that too for giving proper detailed and relevant information that was asked by the users!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I really really pity the intelligence of those people who have rated my answer down!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Not to mention negative rating for rejecting articles that have been copied from other websites!! :woohoo:

Never mind - that is part and parcel of being in a position where they take their frustration out this way. And yes being blunt and to the point also makes people a terror target. I don't mind that, in fact more the merrier. :laugh: :laugh:

now i feel, I should enter that section too....to see your positive and negative ratings :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu

Never mind that 8 point system seems to have been stricken off in admin's list that would save some reporting .

I dint understand what you said sunil, is there a 8 point or not? I thought it was for breaking rules, if so we should be clear about what the rules are regarding all issues...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

These are all initial hiccups and will gets settled once everyone used to the system. It will infact works out the best in producing the high quality answers at the same time reward the best contributors like no other. Don't worry about couple of negatives, you got double number of positives as well which are holding higher point value.

@Maverick Is it possible to add a comment box for stating the reason for dislike or like. And If the user dislikes any answer he should first give proper reason for disliking it and if doesn't do it properly that dislike should not be counted by the system. In this way maybe you can know which on is genuine and which one is not..

yes, it's really a wonderful idea. admin can think about it.
there should be a reason behind every negative marking. :evil:
also, if a member has given negative marks for a reasonable reason, why should his points be cut? :whistle:
an alternate solution is yet to be found :S :whistle: :whistle:

Meera sandhu

I dint understand what you said sunil, is there a 8 point or not? I thought it was breaking rules, if so we should be clear bout what the rules are regarding all issues...

Go to first page- click the link at admins first post and see that 8 point program has been scrapped. There is a straight line cancelling it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

These are all initial hiccups and will gets settled once everyone used to the system. It will infact works out the best in producing the high quality answers at the same time reward the best contributors like no other. Don't worry about couple of negatives, you got double number of positives as well which are holding higher point value.

@Maverick Is it possible to add a comment box for stating the reason for dislike or like. And If the user dislikes any answer he should first give proper reason for disliking it and if doesn't do it properly that dislike should not be counted by the system. In this way maybe you can know which on is genuine and which one is not..

yes, it's really a wonderful idea. admin can think about it.
there should be a reason behind every negative marking. :evil:
also, if a member has given negative marks for a reasonable reason, why should his points be cut? :whistle:
an alternate solution is yet to be found :S :whistle: :whistle:

I'm against empowering the member. Any negative marking should be done by the power center only.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

I dint understand what you said sunil, is there a 8 point or not? I thought it was breaking rules, if so we should be clear bout what the rules are regarding all issues...

Go to first page- click the link at admins first post and see that 8 point program has been scrapped. There is a straight line cancelling it.

Ok, got it, that is a good measure ...I am sure he realised how it could have been manipulated..

He he he! I just checked and saw that I have got more than 8 minus twos and that too for giving proper detailed and relevant information that was asked by the users!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I really really pity the intelligence of those people who have rated my answer down!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Not to mention negative rating for rejecting articles that have been copied from other websites!! :woohoo:

Never mind - that is part and parcel of being in a position where they take their frustration out this way. And yes being blunt and to the point also makes people a terror target. I don't mind that, in fact more the merrier. :laugh: :laugh:

Yes I know that! And I really get the kick out of it all thinking about how I may have tickled someone's evilly mean bone!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

But where is the plus and minus symbol Kalyani, is it the same ones used for karma? I am still trying to figure out where it is? Also is there any way of knowing for which discussion or post we got a plus and minus point?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.