Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So now if posting on the forum we will receive only 3 points or as usual 5 points.

Are points awarded for reviewing articles (rating articles)? I am asking since this is not mentioned in that link. Please let us know.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
So now if posting on the forum we will receive only 3 points or as usual 5 points.

Are points awarded for reviewing articles (rating articles)? I am asking since this is not mentioned in that link. Please let us know.

Was it ever given ? I am not even aware of it...from what I know you don't get anything of reviewing and rating a article , it is just done out of goodwill..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Was it ever given ? I am not even aware of it...from what I know you don't get anything of reviewing and rating a article , it is just done out of goodwill..
Never given not planning to give as well. We don't want cooked up rating on articles.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Yes, it is our continuous process of review and re factor best possible scenario. Presently, more members are inclined towards replying to forum posts and resulting in spam/un-related posts. If users find nothing to do they are simply posting unrelated posts instead of doing something on other sections. So the comments for forum posts, quotes etc are set to 3 points.

Also when you reach 20000 posts, you already got 500+1000+2500+5000+10000=19,000 additional points. So from there a fixed 5000 points are given for each 5000 posts. For answers it is 2000 answers from 10K onwards.

Thanks for the updates Maverick, I really feel that this is a very good move indeed and adding points for reporting spam posts is a good feature. This will also motivate all to be more active on other sections too.

I wish you would revive the Featured Poll or initiate the Best Poll of the Week so that we get more activity in that section!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Never given not planning to give as well. We don't want cooked up rating on articles.

Nope, no points are given for rating articles and In my opinion should never be started as it will be misused too much.
Although I would really like to get the Comments feature back on articles section, is there any possibility in the near future of it coming back??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

But Sir,
it is also possible to give points on the basis of character count.
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

yet it would be a better idea to grand more points for lengthy posts.
there are a few persons here who write lengthy posts without caring points :)

I opine that posts should not be so lengthy that these appear more as article

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Although I would really like to get the Comments feature back on articles section, is there any possibility in the near future of it coming back??
Yes, it will be available asap.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Yes, it will be available asap.

Are points awarded for quote submission at present. I have submitted few quotes today. But I have not yet awarded point so far, why?

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Sir, you are going to reduce points in replying to any topic. So, you should give us some compensation at some other section which is very active, like article section.

Want to make each day Accountable

Well the new point system here looks promising indeed. But the points for replying in the forum has been reduce 3 from 5 is it is below 50 words :blink:

Mala Jaiswar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.