Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I welcome the new point system. When is it coming and from what date it will be implemented?

If you go back to a few pages of the thread where in The administrator said, 'The date of implementation' of the new points system will be announced in due course.'
Thanks for your clarification Ram. Welcome to the new points system on boddunan.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
But Sir,
it is also possible to give points on the basis of character count.
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

yet it would be a better idea to grand more points for lengthy posts.
there are a few persons here who write lengthy posts without caring points :)

I don't agree even the short response sometimes can better than a lengthy response. The thing is it should be informative and should be a quality content not like if it has been written just to earn points. :)
I am afraid, the system do not have such a level of analysis power, only human beings can do that.

but a system can count number of characters for sure :cheer: :cheer:
now itself it is counting posts below 50 characters :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
But Sir,
even if I post lengthy posts and short posts, i get the same points. but, for lengthy posts, if more points are awarded it will be an encouraging factor for persons who posts long replies. otherwise, for getting 3 points, all will opt for small posts with 50+ characters
Character limit is just an eligibility. If you participate on forums not just for points. the limit doesn't matter to you. And do you know why only few people are praised/respected here for their presence irrespective of their points or whatever? Those who just concentrate on points will leave subsequently or turn to good writers later on. So it doesn't matter how many characters are there. After all forum will earn you enough knowledge to be social and be a good writer. That is the main intention of forum, not the points.

I don't agree even the short response sometimes can better than a lengthy response. The thing is it should be informative and should be a quality content not like if it has been written just to earn points. :)

how many such responses Sanjeev? Only a few, right?
a post containing 2 or 3 sentences can be considered as an excellent reply comparing a short answer of just 100 characters.
for article posting here, where cash credits are given on the basis of no. of words, why can't it be applied to forum also?

otherwise just see, we are going to see only short answers in forum, with incomplete responses....... :silly:

Meera sandhu
But Sir,

I am afraid, the system do not have such a level of analysis power, only human beings can do that.

The best things are still Small in size. When it comes to content small can never be a hindrance. A Garhwali miniature conveys same as a massive Rembrandt adorning Louvre galleries. Rabindranath's Gitanjali is a small booklet, not a voluminous book. Similarly Ernest Hemingway's :Old Man and the sea" is a small sized book. Both the above are Nobel Laureates.
The best 10 speeches in the world are the ones delivered below 5 minutes.
Quality will not come with Length. Content matters

Rambabu, I agree with you completely. It is not fair that only lengthy post contains information. I least bother about length. Any post should contain information of high quality.

then how can we assure that a post below 50 characters doesn't contain a complete answer? :blink:

i do believe that even a simple picture can give a complete answer to a post......
if all are saying quality doesn't depend on no.of words, why points are not given for posts below 50 characters?
for every lower limit there should be an upper limit also. right?

Meera sandhu
Seem to be good move Admin have done and I am sure it will help a lot for the new as well as old members here. Thanks for sharing the same here
But Sir,

The best things are still Small in size. When it comes to content small can never be a hindrance. A Garhwali miniature conveys same as a massive Rembrandt adorning Louvre galleries. Rabindranath's Gitanjali is a small booklet, not a voluminous book. Similarly Ernest Hemingway's :Old Man and the sea" is a small sized book. Both the above are Nobel Laureates.
The best 10 speeches in the world are the ones delivered below 5 minutes.
Quality will not come with Length. Content matters

Rambabu, I agree with you completely. It is not fair that only lengthy post contains information. I least bother about length. Any post should contain information of high quality.

then how can we assure that a post below 50 characters doesn't contain a complete answer? :blink:

i do believe that even a simple picture can give a complete answer to a post......
if all are saying quality doesn't depend on no.of words, why points are not given for posts below 50 characters?
for every lower limit there should be an upper limit also. right?

Not necessarily. Only minimum should be fixed, generally the general condition for article wrting is "50 words and above." The judges should decide if the content is 'Complete' in all respects'. If it satisfies the condition even well within 100 words, let be given full credit.
Thank you all for posting your views. As we got mixed responses about the points for lengthy responses, we will keep the current system intact and will implement a trial for multiple points for lengthy responses in future to see if it is feasible and works well.

So I would like to announce that the new system is going to be implemented today, and the website will be offline for few minutes in the midnight. Hope it will go smoothly. Thank you all for your co-operation.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Thank you all for posting your views. As we got mixed responses about the points for lengthy responses, we will keep the current system intact and will implement a trial for multiple points for lengthy responses in future to see if it is feasible and works well.

So I would like to announce that the new system is going to be implemented today, and the website will be offline for few minutes in the midnight. Hope it will go smoothly. Thank you all for your co-operation.

Maverick, Thanks for letting us know this information in advance. Will it be offline after 12 (night)? I too hope it will go very smooth. Keep Rocking!

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

hoping site will work during day time till 9 pm. :)
thank you sir for considering our suggestions. hoping it will be soon implemented

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.