Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Great move Maverick I think that would make the forum interesting lately I also have lost interest in Forum. :(

I am very much sure that this will now bring you back to forums!!! :laugh: :P

I hope the question answer section too sees some change...I feel that if the points are increased for asking questions there would be much more activity there ..

I don't know about that but already there are a lot of spam replies in that section because answering a question scores single points. If points are increased for asking, then we will again see a spurt of general knowledge kind of questions that are posted by certain members.

Yes I too noticed that ! However, starting a discussion topic takes much more effort so I feel that the reward ponts should be a little higher and unless the responses meet with a certain set standard ( number of words ) points should not be credited..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Great move Maverick I think that would make the forum interesting lately I also have lost interest in Forum. :(

I hope the question answer section too sees some change...I feel that if the points are increased for asking questions there would be much more activity there ..

I don't know about that but already there are a lot of spam replies in that section because answering a question scores single points. If points are increased for asking, then we will again see a spurt of general knowledge kind of questions that are posted by certain members.

Yes I too noticed that ! However, starting a discussion topic takes much more effort so I feel that the reward ponts should be a little higher and unless the responses meet with a certain set standard ( number of words ) points should not be credited..
Number of characters is not a dependable solution as one can easily get past the barrier with unnecessary stuff appended to his question.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: rambabu

Number of characters is not a dependable solution as one can easily get past the barrier with unnecessary stuff appended to his question.

There should be some kind of check or control on points if the answers are that short which seems to be trend in last couple of weeks and the worst part is they are doing it successfully and regularly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Hello Everyone,

5 points for forum replies is back again. Do more on forum again :)

Maverick

I have a different take altogether on this. I neither felt encouraged to participate more for points nor do I ever consider it to be a motivating factor. For me participating in a meaningful - intellectually stimulating - discussion gives enough impetus!!! :P :P :P :P
I agree with @chinmoy.
I just participate in forum for knowledge and hope to see some meaningful discussions.
Not having enough time to even login here.. :(
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
I agree with @chinmoy.
I just participate in forum for knowledge and hope to see some meaningful discussions.
Not having enough time to even login here.. :(

That's the central point, Rajani! We must welcome members who contribute towards that end. And judged by that yardstick, sadly, there are not too many! That's my concern!
Hello Everyone,

Maverick

I have a different take altogether on this. I neither felt encouraged to participate more for points nor do I ever consider it to be a motivating factor. For me participating in a meaningful - intellectually stimulating - discussion gives enough impetus!!! :P :P :P :P
When you are discussing seriously on some topic, you will never see whether you get points or not, however at the end, it is just to encourage people to get into such serious discussions :)

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Hello Everyone,

Maverick

When you are discussing seriously on some topic, you will never see whether you get points or not, however at the end, it is just to encourage people to get into such serious discussions :)

@Maverick

I do see the merit of your point of view but what I have expressed is at my personal level.
Thank you said by: Maverick
Thank you very much sir.Really this will encourage the members to acquire more points.
Thanks Mverick, Now what more-come on friends. I will give more effort now.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.