Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Even after restricting number of articles copycats will not be deterred from copying from other sites while those who can genuinely submit more will be deterred. If some foolproof method is adopted to check the copied content, it will be more helpful.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Limiting the number of articles to 3 per day is really a good step however, I don't completely agree with the idea of limiting the number of words. I think every author should have the freedom to express himself in as many words as he wants. While an upper limit should not be there, it is necessary to fix a lower limit as to the number of words. Stipulating the minimum number of words for an article should improve the quality.

sai madhuri wrote:
[quote]Mr Maverick,
you should have limited the articles based on the words.Because some can write a thesis on a topic while some can write only few words. So if you have limited according to the words, both who can write only one long article per day and who writes five/six short articles per day will b benefited.[/quote]
Restricting number of article per day may not deter the copycapts, who may work according to their design even on the reduced articles system. The genuine writers also will be affected. There should be some way to detect copying. Members detecting and reporting such copying should be rewarded and those copying be penalized.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Maverick I am not agree with limiting articles , we are in growing stage so we need more number of articles as limited number of members are only posting articles so in this stage you should not limit the number of articles.
I suggest you o remove this term and before approving articles just check it carefully
I think this is a good movement.I can write maximum two articles per day which is only about 300 words.I don't think all are like me.Still may be impossible to post more than 3 per day.
The objective of restricting articles is to improve the quality. I don't think that fully solves the purpose. I agree with previous comments that people can write 4 to 5 articles and post it at once. So the limitation of articles will affect this. May be if somebody posts copied articles ( You can set some number of this ) that user should not be allowed to post articles for a week.
In this definitely copied articles can be reduced.

Marverick,

You have said that the quality of the articles has increased during the vacation period.

My questions is:

Is the number of articles posted increased during this period?
( I don't think so as the author's motivation will be less because even if they post it is not going to be reviewed for another 2 weeks )

One more reason i can think of is that during vacation there is lot of time for the author to post articles unlike the normal days where if a article is posted, it will be reviewed within 2 days. So to post more and more articles, they may use copied content. During the vacation as there is no review, the tempo will be less. This may also be a reason for increased quality

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
The issue has generated a lot of heat and dust,arguments and counter-arguments. There are both proponents and opponents of the decision to restrict the number of submission which is being claimed to have enhanced quality. If that is so let's accept it after all the bottomline is the general improvement of this site.But I honestly beilieve that nothing can replace putting in place a system which monitors,verfies and acts!
No matter !

Agree with Jobin, 1 article per day is a tight restrict, bt 3 per day is appreciable. :)

[ :blink: even my exams are on my head now :angry: ]

But here i can see,many members having problem with 3 articles per day. and few have not.

s0 I think, I should appreciate the majority. :P :-)

Cheers guys !!!
5 articles should be the limit of a day. It not should be three.
Based on most of the members opinion, we have decided to increase the limit to "5 Articles Per Day". However we cannot totally avoid the limitation. Hope this will be agreed by all.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.