Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Thanks for making me runner again. I think most of the people love to ban things rather than finding solution.
Congratulation Ajay once again and all the 50 points contestants for sportively participating. [/quote]

Welcome Rajani! Although my point of view here, although I do favor banning firecrackers, is that there is no single politically correct answer to such an issue, as is the case with banning lottery or liquor! Banning any such industries will mean unemployment-loss of livelihood and homes for hundreds of thousands of people! So the purpose of such discussions here is to only see whether can be alternative solutions and how much efforts is taken by individuals to research and understand the topics in discussion.
In this topic, I must applaud the fact that you and ajay really did do a lot of research to find out more about the firecrackers. I must also say that Pearl too did an extremely commendable job in putting forth her ideas, although I must choose only two winners, it was a difficult task!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Rajani K
[quote]Congratulations to all the winners. I am new to this section. Can I know how to participate in Group Discussions. Are there any available currently to participate? [/quote]

All members are welcome to participate here. This is a weekly activity for which you must keep checking the forums. This month being a month of festivals, GD was not posted recently as there were other contests too going on!

As to the rules, they are quite simple and straightforward. To become eligible for 50 points, you must post a minimum of three valid entries, all posts must be relevant to the subject being discussed.

Keep looking out, will post another GD soon!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Congratulation to all winners for achieving points in group discussion contest.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Congratulation Ajay and Rajani for winner and runner up awards. The other participants also added value to the discussion and deserve all appreciation.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Thanks for making me runner again. I think most of the people love to ban things rather than finding solution.
Congratulation Ajay once again and all the 50 points contestants for sportively participating.

Welcome Rajani! Although my point of view here, although I do favor banning firecrackers, is that there is no single politically correct answer to such an issue, as is the case with banning lottery or liquor! Banning any such industries will mean unemployment-loss of livelihood and homes for hundreds of thousands of people! So the purpose of such discussions here is to only see whether can be alternative solutions and how much efforts is taken by individuals to research and understand the topics in discussion.
In this topic, I must applaud the fact that you and ajay really did do a lot of research to find out more about the firecrackers. I must also say that Pearl too did an extremely commendable job in putting forth her ideas, although I must choose only two winners, it was a difficult task![/quote]

Thanks for you applaud kalyani. But i found that most of the people are simply encouraging ban inspite of knowing that governement has put some strict rules on noise pollution already and regarding envirnoment friendly crackers no one are not interest to discuss. They are just interested and concerned about banning completely which is not the solution at all including Ajay. Sorry to discussion this in this way but i feel that some conclusion should also be found for any problem though it is not possible in all cases.This particular discussion could have been more knowledgable if the ban term could have be considered in worst case scenario.
Thanks for you applaud kalyani. But i found that most of the people are simply encouraging ban inspite of knowing that governement has put some strict rules on noise pollution already and regarding envirnoment friendly crackers no one are not interest to discuss. They are just interested and concerned about banning completely which is not the solution at all including Ajay. Sorry to discussion this in this way but i feel that some conclusion should also be found for any problem though it is not possible in all cases.This particular discussion could have been more knowledgable if the ban term could have be considered in worst case scenario.[/quote]

Well Rajani, I was no way trying to encourage anything,over there, in the GD but the topic itself was as such that we were required to give our views for the same in an unbiased way and if I could remember I had also mentioned the reasons behind such a thought of mine. In this pretext, I thought considering a ban would definitely going to curb down the menace(including loss of peace, health, life and property). To tell you the truth, it is not just me who thinks that way but even the government is getting serious about it. I am very happy to let you know that just a few days before this Diwali I found big posters around different nooks and corners of my city here, in Kolkata, from the government is which was boldly written that bursting fire crackers in Diwali is banned. I felt very happy about it. You know why? Not because I won the GD contest but for the fact that how right I was when I was posting my views for a ban on fire crackers.

Besides, I also agree with the views of Kalyani that there is no single politically correct answer to such topics and controversies, differences etc in views from person to person will be there. I think that is another great reason why such topics are so good to debate. Finally,as a friend, I can suggest you not to get disappointed so easily in life over such trifle matters as this...!
i am very much new here...and i am looking forward to another fruitful group discussion....congrats for all the winners.
Thanks for you applaud kalyani. But i found that most of the people are simply encouraging ban inspite of knowing that governement has put some strict rules on noise pollution already and regarding envirnoment friendly crackers no one are not interest to discuss. They are just interested and concerned about banning completely which is not the solution at all including Ajay. Sorry to discussion this in this way but i feel that some conclusion should also be found for any problem though it is not possible in all cases.This particular discussion could have been more knowledgable if the ban term could have be considered in worst case scenario.

Well Rajani, I was no way trying to encourage anything,over there, in the GD but the topic itself was as such that we were required to give our views for the same in an unbiased way and if I could remember I had also mentioned the reasons behind such a thought of mine. In this pretext, I thought considering a ban would definitely going to curb down the menace(including loss of peace, health, life and property). To tell you the truth, it is not just me who thinks that way but even the government is getting serious about it. I am very happy to let you know that just a few days before this Diwali I found big posters around different nooks and corners of my city here, in Kolkata, from the government is which was boldly written that bursting fire crackers in Diwali is banned. I felt very happy about it. You know why? Not because I won the GD contest but for the fact that how right I was when I was posting my views for a ban on fire crackers.

Besides, I also agree with the views of Kalyani that there is no single politically correct answer to such topics and controversies, differences etc in views from person to person will be there. I think that is another great reason why such topics are so good to debate. Finally,as a friend, I can suggest you not to get disappointed so easily in life over such trifle matters as this...![/quote]

Well Ajay nice to know that some cities are implementing ban of fireworks and it is definetely good improvement. And i just can not understand how you though i was disappointed. I know that these types are problems have different opinions and maybe some may or maynot agree with my thoughts. If you could understand my intention in that reply properly then you could have not come to such conclusions.
I wanted to say that discussion could have been more knowledgable if the topic of ban is considered in worst case scenario. There is always an alternative for any problem. But all the GD was straight to the point whether ban is needed or not or revolved around the point why ban is needed. I am not saying that all should consider everything i say and if i have such feeling then i would have never participated in such group activity. Maybe you just got negative impression on my reply as i specified your name. Sorry if you got hurt, i just took you as one of the person and winner who want ban.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.