The topic is locked.
Hello friends, back with a new topic:

The topic for this week's discussion is:

What should be given more importance in order to make India grow economically, Service Industry or Manufacturing Industry??? Here service industry refers to jobs such as IT, IT-enabled BPO, KPO etc. jobs, Hotel industry etc.
If we were to have a kind of economy that would be able to sustain itself and provide jobs to large number of population, what should be it, Service or Manufacturing??

As usual, the rules are all posts must be original and authentic and your own ideas, no copy paste allowed, no thank you, nice information allowed. Although to reiterate your point, you may use quotes from elsewhere, but keep them limited to a minimum.

The winners get INR 50 plus 50 points, runner-up gets INR 25 plus 50 points. All participants who post minimum three VALID AND RELEVANT replies get 50 points for participation.

All the best! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Bumping the thread as this was posted during downtime.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Bumping the thread as this was posted during downtime.

Thanks for bringing it back!! :) :)

What should be given more importance in order to make India grow economically, Service Industry or Manufacturing Industry??? Here service industry refers to jobs such as IT, IT-enabled BPO, KPO etc. jobs, Hotel industry etc.
If we were to have a kind of economy that would be able to sustain itself and provide jobs to large number of population, what should be it, Service or Manufacturing??

Just a few random thoughts, will keep adding ...

Personally I would go for a planned growth which includes industries and also rural sectors like agriculture and farming.Once you make rural living attractive people would want to live in villages and there would be a positive growth all round.I see that many of our villages have scant facilities and with more than 75% of the population lives in villages, we have to take the issue very seriously .So we can never think of growth without taking them into account....India can grow only when our villages see positive economic growth .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Our growth
Service industry is fine but we need manufacturing sector is more important for a country like ours where manpower is available a plenty and no shortage of skilled and unskilled labor. We are doing comparatively okay in service industry although the hub of services industry is also shifting towards far-east countries however; we should concentrate more in manufacturing sector since we are going southward as far this particular sector is concerned.
By the way, we have lost 1.8% compared to gross manufacturing with in last one month due to various reasons. Infrastructure is the main problem in our progress especially electricity and roads. I shall write more on this particular thread as this is my most favorite topic. Thanks ..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Our growth
Service industry is fine but we need manufacturing sector is more important for a country like ours where manpower is available a plenty and no shortage of skilled and unskilled labor. We are doing comparatively okay in service industry although the hub of services industry is also shifting towards far-east countries however; we should concentrate more in manufacturing sector since we are going southward as far this particular sector is concerned.
By the way, we have lost 1.8% compared to gross manufacturing with in last one month due to various reasons. Infrastructure is the main problem in our progress especially electricity and roads. I shall write more on this particular thread as this is my most favorite topic. Thanks ..

I am glad this is your favorite topic, will expect a really good discussion here! The topic actually crossed my mind when I was in a shop buying toys as a gift and all I could get was all Made in China. Nothing that I ever need looks wise and utility wise I get is manufactured in India, hence the topic!

Just a few random thoughts, will keep adding ...

Personally I would go for a planned growth which includes industries and also rural sectors like agriculture and farming.Once you make rural living attractive people would want to live in villages and there would be a positive growth all round.I see that many of our villages have scant facilities and with more than 75% of the population lives in villages, we have to take the issue very seriously .So we can never think of growth without taking them into account....India can grow only when our villages see positive economic growth .

Yes, agricultural sector is very important especially in India where the major occupations all across country is related to agriculture and related professions. But the reason I picked manufacturing was because in spite of there being a huge demand for many things that can be produced here, many small industries and units are closing down whereas service industry is growing and making a select section of the population richer by day. But I will definitely consider agriculture as a topic for next GD.

Service industry is the best which helps our country to grow economically. In our country there are so many students are there who are going to IT and so many are going to medicine. So In future our country will grow economically through service industry mainly.

Manufacturing industry will also help to grow India economically but students or youth are not interested in manufacturing industry. They are interested mainly in IT, Engineering, Doctors, Chartered Accountants etc but very in manufacturing industries.

Service Industry will provide more jobs to the large no. of population because so much Percent of youth they are going to IT only. So they will jobs there only not in manufacturing industries

I hope India will grow in future economically, scientifically .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank You,
Saritha
Service sector and manufacturing sector are no substitutes for each other. These are complementary. We need products for our use. These can be manufactured in manufacturing sector. Service sector is subsidiary to manufacturing. The various services like banking, communication, advertisement are needed to facilitate manufacturers and traders. Moreover service units also need products of manufacturing industry. Communication is service but this needs equipment and infrastructure from manufacturers. Similarly, agriculture provides raw material to industry. There is no service that does not need industrial products. Hence there is no choice. we need an optimum mix of agriculture, manufacturing and service sector.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

With the low Economic phase India is facing currently I believe that the need of the hour is a planned and sustainable growth in both the manufacturing as well as service industry. While the manufacturing industry is the main source of income for a major part of the country's population the service industry also plays a vital role in the growth of the economy. So as far as importance is concerned both the sectors contribute to the development and thus are vital for economic growth.

Live in the present :)
As I said earlier that we are doing comparatively okay as far service industry is concerned but manufacturing is our main concern due to industrial growth going down rapidly. We have already gone almost by 2% in last couple of months and if the trend continues, future of country’s industries is in for a big setback.
The export of country is already in red and if this is any indication of thing to come chances are industry would have no option but to go for reducing workforce. That would be too painful for a country where people are already suffering from lesser chances of availability of jobs apart from software sector.
Therefore, we shall have to go all out to make arrangements in power sector and improve manufacturing sector, which is the backbone of any country. We cannot afford to depend on imported items, as those are not only inferior but make us poorer and dependent on others.... Tanks again...

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.