The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
To be very frank service sector is important to support of manufacturing sector but we should not mix BPO as part of the service sector in particular. This service is to keep people informed about different issues related to information of particular services only and good for providing jobs to youth at an early stage.
In fact service industry comprises of legal, taxation, software related, transportation, aviation, hotels, tourism etc.
However if we do not have a proper manufacturing industry that caters to need of public demands of every day use and we have to depend upon export then it creates the real problem. Do you think we can survive without our own produce of medicines, electronic gadgets, arms, Tanks, airplanes, ships, furniture, cement, heavy machinery, light machinery, tractors, cars, toys, utensils, clothes, swing machines, road rollers, cranes and what not?
As we, all know that we still are too far behind in space research, arms, and ammunition to safeguard our own borders therefore, this should be on our priority list as well, despite the fact that this is one of the most unproductive item as far as our country or world in general is concerned.
Let me repeat once again that we are in serious need of a proper infrastructure to get in groove and reach to the proper place in the world, which we deserve for so long. In fact, we are not doing justice to our potential and destined place in the world just because our planners did not plan properly and gave us a proper infrastructure.
I enjoyed reading all my fellow friends and wish to thank all for their nice contribution.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What should be given more importance in order to make India grow economically, Service Industry or Manufacturing Industry??? Here service industry refers to jobs such as IT, IT-enabled BPO, KPO etc. jobs, Hotel industry etc.
If we were to have a kind of economy that would be able to sustain itself and provide jobs to large number of population, what should be it, Service or Manufacturing??

Just a few random thoughts, will keep adding ...

Personally I would go for a planned growth which includes industries and also rural sectors like agriculture and farming.Once you make rural living attractive people would want to live in villages and there would be a positive growth all round.I see that many of our villages have scant facilities and with more than 75% of the population lives in villages, we have to take the issue very seriously .So we can never think of growth without taking them into account....India can grow only when our villages see positive economic growth .

Yes, agricultural sector is very important especially in India where the major occupations all across country is related to agriculture and related professions. But the reason I picked manufacturing was because in spite of there being a huge demand for many things that can be produced here, many small industries and units are closing down whereas service industry is growing and making a select section of the population richer by day. But I will definitely consider agriculture as a topic for next GD.

I completely overlooked this post Kalyani :) I have of course added my views on the subject...
I wonder why small scale industries have to shut down when most of them are inter linked to the major manufacturing units by directly contributing.Most major Industries outsource the sub products and they come from these smaller units...One reason why this is happening is because there are far too many of them doing the same thing and with the Industrial growth coming down to almost 6.5% of he previous years, it is but natural ...Service industries may thrive now, but they are bound to get hurt when the full impact is felt.India has not had a recession like the West,but economists are of the economy that it will eventually have an impact on our economy as well !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It seems to have been forgotten so I am only pulling it up!! I think there was'nt enough time so should it be extended for a couple of days more? Please let me know or else will lock it up!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think it started working as soon as admin brought it back. You can check the dates this GD was on. Decision is all yours.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is best to strictly abide by plans. Dates should never be extended. The GD ended on 16th August 2012. In all fairness, this should be treated as ended on that date. any post after the cut off time should not be considered.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.