Three rules are.
1:To keep forum healthy one must have an idea of its own before submitting the post.
2:It should be clear and precise one.
3:The topic must be a valuable one which can help everyone to understand clearly.
We can keep forums clean and healthy in the following ways:-
1. The forums should be presentable. While writing forums, we should keep in mind the formating, style and language of the posts.
2. Attachment of self made documents, photos and files makes your posts genuine and new. It adds data to the post. This makes idea and concept of the forum clear. Thus such facts should not be misleading or wrong, if possible than not copied. Few related sentences should be written along with the attachments otherwise it makes no sense.
3. Try to keep forums formal and organised. Avoid double meaning sentences. If you don't have answer to any post, don't reply. Unnecessary posting of expressions or few words should be avoided. That makes forum meaningless.
To keep Healthy Forums
1.) We should not discuss our personal issues in the forums.
2.) This is a educational and learning site all must concentrate on that one but not others.
3.) Every one must take responsibility in to their hands to keep forum healthy.
1.Forum is for everyone.It should look into the feelings of others.One should not post any wrong things.
2.The topics should be up to the point.
3.Pictures should be related with the topics.People should use picture which are captured by them in their camera.I think this will make the forum much attractive.
I agree with all of the suggestions given that the forums have to be organized, precise and free from questionable or vulgar content.And without question adherence to guidelines is a must.
While participating in a public forum ,I believe its a bigger responsibility lies with the participants to keep and maintain the decorum of the platform, the moderator would act like the supervisor of the content being published.Many of the points mentioned by others hold good and there is nothing much left to add,but according to my opinion the three ideas ( for forum writers) would be:
1. To have an original idea expressed to the reader in simplistic and creative terms.( Inclusive of presentation,pictures, grammar and formatting).
2. To have rationality in opinion( keeping in mind the reader's perspective as well) backed with proof or evidence of the topic.
For example : if we are discussing "effect of global warming"- there the should be real life examples or data that supports your opinion on it.
3. Open minded and effective discussions ( which includes the writer not only to defend his opinion but to accept criticism as well.Its important to see both views of any topic made.A discussion is not a challenge, hence strong opinions,harsh language,personal and defensive statements should be avoided).
Above mentioned are three ideas for forum members, the moderators should implement rules in order to keep members in check. It was mentioned that rewards should be given to commendable posts, I believe members failing to abide with the guidelines should not only be reprimanded but should have deduction of points for the sames as a penalty.It seems harsh, but it makes the members compelled to think twice before posting anything on the forum.(Well, its just a suggestion and frankly its my take on the GD topic given :cheer: .)
1. First and foremost a member should go through all the previous post before posting a reply. Often members reply without going through what others had written. So, end up repeating only what others had already told.
2. It also become the duties of the members to go through the FAQ, rules and regulations of the site and forums before any participation in the site. Prompt and appropriate actions should be taken by the concerned authority against those who violate the rules mentioned
3. But most important, as we are talking about maintaining a healthy discussion in the forum, rules should be framed in such a way that it encourages discussion and not restrict participation. For instance, the rules states that one cannot post more than 3 post or quote anybody's post. But such restriction would not lead to a healthy discussion but a type of short speech. In order to avoid spam, points need not be credited after the third post in a same thread as was once suggested by Usha.
@Jabeen- the rules applicable in this thread are limited to this thread only to attract best ideas from the members and to avoid a discussion here. This thread has been designed to call for members' individual views about rules and how could they help maintaining the forums clean. I am sure You have a lot to add to this mission.
I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work