Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
great to see Maverick in forum thread, and I am reading the discussion as I am enjoying every moment out here. :whistle: :whistle:

I hope you have voted in the POLL. If not, please do now.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath
If that be so the thread of the title should be amended suitably, I hope there is no scope for disagreement.
- Its already done, any inputs are appreciated.

If you have recognized indeed, the contributions of such members, I am yet to see the roll of honors for such members, please help me in identifying the section of the site doing so.
Here are they
- Introduction of per user profile with overall contribution in terms of articles written, points earned right under their avatar. User profile pages are most visited pages as of now.
- Introduction of badges for recognizing they contributions
- Introduction of Milestone rewards for the users active on forum with the lumpsum points added to their account.
- Restricted BBL contests only to the contributors who have done significant contribution in the past
- Introduction of top contributors in articles pages along with their avatars - no site has this as of now, correct me if i am wrong.
- Given the preference only to the senior members for editor and moderator positions which in turn carry monetary benefits.
- Gifted boddunan t-shirts to the people who were active

And as usually senior members are gainers in many contests and awards that were announced time to time. May be I a few. And lastly if there is no recognition, the site would have not run for such a long time.

I don't know on what principle the members who happen to be holding positions as moderators or editors make them ineligible? They can at best be directed to not to exercise their voting rights when their interests are involved. It's a well-recognized and accepted practice under various laws of the country.
I don't expect an editor deciding the winner and is selected as winner. It just doesn't work. At the same time, they are free to suggest their nominations and are duly respected. After all they are the most active members here and they know things better. The poll is something which is aimed to take feedback from all members as well.

About the final decision which you rightly argue, won't be a product of voting and some other considerations would also come into play, my humble question is why do you leave these 'grey areas'? Who's going to decide that?
Please see my point above. The feedback from members, editors, moderators are also considered. The final winners will be decided by me ofcourse.

About exercises in the past in reviving interest of the members through contests like 'Forum Activator' and others, I would just jog your memory that it was promised in relation to 'Forum Activator' award that it would be restored when it faced problems at the hand of a 'green horn'. Let me know your views!!
Such awards are always restored one or the other way, need not to have same name. Running the contest successfully needs human resources who monitor the progress continuously and make changes accordingly. This was the lacking at that time. and I wish more such contests come in future.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

great to see Maverick in forum thread, and I am reading the discussion as I am enjoying every moment out here. :whistle: :whistle:
Would love to be active over all the threads out here if the time is not a constraint :) .

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: mohan manohar, Biswajit Kumar Nath
If that be so the thread of the title should be amended suitably, I hope there is no scope for disagreement.
- Its already done, any inputs are appreciated.

If you have recognized indeed, the contributions of such members, I am yet to see the roll of honors for such members, please help me in identifying the section of the site doing so.
Here are they
- Introduction of per user profile with overall contribution in terms of articles written, points earned right under their avatar. User profile pages are most visited pages as of now.
- Introduction of badges for recognizing they contributions
- Introduction of Milestone rewards for the users active on forum with the lumpsum points added to their account.
- Restricted BBL contests only to the contributors who have done significant contribution in the past
- Introduction of top contributors in articles pages along with their avatars - no site has this as of now, correct me if i am wrong.
- Given the preference only to the senior members for editor and moderator positions which in turn carry monetary benefits.
- Gifted boddunan t-shirts to the people who were active

And as usually senior members are gainers in many contests and awards that were announced time to time. May be I a few. And lastly if there is no recognition, the site would have not run for such a long time.

I don't know on what principle the members who happen to be holding positions as moderators or editors make them ineligible? They can at best be directed to not to exercise their voting rights when their interests are involved. It's a well-recognized and accepted practice under various laws of the country.
I don't expect an editor deciding the winner and is selected as winner. It just doesn't work. At the same time, they are free to suggest their nominations and are duly respected. After all they are the most active members here and they know things better. The poll is something which is aimed to take feedback from all members as well.

About the final decision which you rightly argue, won't be a product of voting and some other considerations would also come into play, my humble question is why do you leave these 'grey areas'? Who's going to decide that?
Please see my point above. The feedback from members, editors, moderators are also considered. The final winners will be decided by me ofcourse.

About exercises in the past in reviving interest of the members through contests like 'Forum Activator' and others, I would just jog your memory that it was promised in relation to 'Forum Activator' award that it would be restored when it faced problems at the hand of a 'green horn'. Let me know your views!!
Such awards are always restored one or the other way, need not to have same name. Running the contest successfully needs human resources who monitor the progress continuously and make changes accordingly. This was the lacking at that time. and I wish more such contests come in future.

@Maverick

I hope it settles the issue. One thing I must make amply clear here that raising these points were motivated by no other than a better Boddunan of which all we take so much of pride in. If you are convinced along with the views of any member whose views you consider worth taking note of , so be it!! If you are also convinced in a firm way that everything is working fine and all the issues I have raised have been comprehensively and substantively by your replies, I accept. Thank you very much and thanks are also due to other beloved members who remained true to their conscience and choose to give their well-reasoned views! Thanks once again!!
Thank you said by: Maverick, Biswajit Kumar Nath
Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Let me put my thoughts on what is the goal.

- this program is no way meant to identify the most valuable members overall, otherwise it would be a one time task and not a monthly. the program is only to recognize the people for a corresponding month. I agree about the title. it will be changed due course.

- I disagree with the comments about not recognizing the overall top contributors, read most valuable members. Seniors here knows more than anyone else.

- the final decision will not be taken based only on the votes as I clearly mentioned in my first post.

[quote]Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons.

I am sorry but that was never been the case,
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/3-contests-a-rewards/31083-daily-forum-activator-award.html?start=2730#181092

- Involving the editors/moderators as deciding panel will automatically makes them ineligible them to participate in the contest which is the reason for not considering this point.

I believe I answered most of the questions if not all. Let me know.

This programme is really worth appreciating. This not only recognizes members' overall peformance but also involves all members by giving them voting rights. Even less inactive member will go through the site and exercise vote. Voting is only an element in overall exercise. I respect Chinmoy but I must say that it is more necessary to encourage current performance rather than honour the past activities. We live in present and so this is most significant.[/quote]

No I don't think its worth to evaluate a user's performance I don't think voting is appropriate method to do so there should be something else as this way it may happen that people may vote whom they like irrespective of if the member is active or not. :blink:
Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Let me put my thoughts on what is the goal.

- this program is no way meant to identify the most valuable members overall, otherwise it would be a one time task and not a monthly. the program is only to recognize the people for a corresponding month. I agree about the title. it will be changed due course.

- I disagree with the comments about not recognizing the overall top contributors, read most valuable members. Seniors here knows more than anyone else.

- the final decision will not be taken based only on the votes as I clearly mentioned in my first post.

[quote]Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons.

I am sorry but that was never been the case,
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/3-contests-a-rewards/31083-daily-forum-activator-award.html?start=2730#181092

- Involving the editors/moderators as deciding panel will automatically makes them ineligible them to participate in the contest which is the reason for not considering this point.

I believe I answered most of the questions if not all. Let me know.

This programme is really worth appreciating. This not only recognizes members' overall peformance but also involves all members by giving them voting rights. Even less inactive member will go through the site and exercise vote. Voting is only an element in overall exercise. I respect Chinmoy but I must say that it is more necessary to encourage current performance rather than honour the past activities. We live in present and so this is most significant.

No I don't think its worth to evaluate a user's performance I don't think voting is appropriate method to do so there should be something else as this way it may happen that people may vote whom they like irrespective of if the member is active or not. :blink:[/quote]

I agree that people may vote one whom they like. Popularity is also a merit that needs be recognized. Voting is just one of many other factors. Voting alone will not be decisive.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath, Sanjeev Gupta
Nice program !!! I hope it will help to increase members activity as well as performance in boddunan...........

Biswajit Kr. Nath
Nice program !!! I hope it will help to increase members activity as well as performance in boddunan...........

Yes. Already results started showing up. Forum activities shot up.it further goes up.
thanks for keeping your activities...@rambabu

Biswajit Kr. Nath
thanks for keeping your activities...@rambabu

Keeping the activity with consistency is what the site needs. I'm trying my best to be consistent with quality in puts which is most essential.
Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath, Sanjeev Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.