The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    We need to improve forum discussions as well as articles section. articles section is very significant part of the sites. This is writing forum and as such articles section is the main comopnent. The members feel encouraged not only by cash but also points. My suggestion is that award of points for articles should also be encouraged. Secondly, Many members write anything just for points. They would just support views of previous authors sometimesdoding this very cleverly just adding some more words but without anything new. even senior members are not free from this practice. I suggest that in appropriate cases, ten penalty points be deducted. Members need give only independent and fresh comments. It is no use writing a post just to express agreement with some other poster.  Not only rewards but also penalty will help improve the site. .. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


    Thank you said by: suni51

  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    @lopamudra- In fact there is no reviews accepted in any category for the time being but if you are interested in writing reviews you can submit your review as an article. Do not mention it as a review or submit in review category.


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    @Gulshan Sir, That's one of the common problems in any forums. It used to be minus 4 points for each deleted post but lately it's not so and some members are taking advantage of the same. However there should be some kind of penalty to reduce such posts. As for awarding points for articles it has no more relevance since there is no rewards for points these days as no share amount paid to members anymore. I can only think in terms of increased cash credit for articles but admin knows the best whether the site is making enough amount to pay to contributors.

     

     

    @rambabu- I can suggest you to start this procedure from today itself. We can select a BR Best Response)  when we feel like the thread has already been discussed enough or stopped attracting comments the starter may ask to LOCK it. A moderator will do that immediately. Your purpose is solved that way.


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    suni51 wrote:

    @Gulshan Sir, That's one of the common problems in any forums. It used to be minus 4 points for each deleted post but lately it's not so and some members are taking advantage of the same. However there should be some kind of penalty to reduce such posts. As for awarding points for articles it has no more relevance since there is no rewards for points these days as no share amount paid to members anymore. I can only think in terms of increased cash credit for articles but admin knows the best whether the site is making enough amount to pay to contributors.

     

     

    @rambabu- I can suggest you to start this procedure from today itself. We can select a BR Best Response)  when we feel like the thread has already been discussed enough or stopped attracting comments the starter may ask to LOCK it. A moderator will do that immediately. Your purpose is solved that way.

     

    For starting the procedure, I need the help of a Programmer. I want a button, "Best Response " on the page. This can be done either by the Administrator himself or someone who has the knowledge of programming.

     


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    suni51 wrote:

    @Gulshan Sir, That's one of the common problems in any forums. It used to be minus 4 points for each deleted post but lately it's not so and some members are taking advantage of the same. However there should be some kind of penalty to reduce such posts. As for awarding points for articles it has no more relevance since there is no rewards for points these days as no share amount paid to members anymore. I can only think in terms of increased cash credit for articles but admin knows the best whether the site is making enough amount to pay to contributors.

     

     

    @rambabu- I can suggest you to start this procedure from today itself. We can select a BR Best Response)  when we feel like the thread has already been discussed enough or stopped attracting comments the starter may ask to LOCK it. A moderator will do that immediately. Your purpose is solved that way.

     

    For starting the procedure, I need the help of a Programmer. I want a button, "Best Response " on the page. This can be done either by the Administrator himself or someone who has the knowledge of programming.

     

    Why do you need a programmer for writing a comment at the end of thread quoting a post you consider best response 

    "I select this post as BR, now this thread may please be locked"

     

     


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    suni51 wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    suni51 wrote:

    @Gulshan Sir, That's one of the common problems in any forums. It used to be minus 4 points for each deleted post but lately it's not so and some members are taking advantage of the same. However there should be some kind of penalty to reduce such posts. As for awarding points for articles it has no more relevance since there is no rewards for points these days as no share amount paid to members anymore. I can only think in terms of increased cash credit for articles but admin knows the best whether the site is making enough amount to pay to contributors.

     

     

    @rambabu- I can suggest you to start this procedure from today itself. We can select a BR Best Response)  when we feel like the thread has already been discussed enough or stopped attracting comments the starter may ask to LOCK it. A moderator will do that immediately. Your purpose is solved that way.

     

    For starting the procedure, I need the help of a Programmer. I want a button, "Best Response " on the page. This can be done either by the Administrator himself or someone who has the knowledge of programming.

     

    Why do you need a programmer for writing a comment at the end of thread quoting a post you consider best response 

    "I select this post as BR, now this thread may please be locked"

     

    I have started.

    Underneath the post, I added a note

    BEST RESPONSE.

     

     

     


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    I have started.

    Underneath the post, I added a note

    BEST RESPONSE.

    When you will do that on a particular thread post started by you that will come on top of the forum posts, I do not see you did that any where and if you mean you did that on this one then three cheers to you


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    suni51 wrote:

    I have started.

    Underneath the post, I added a note

    BEST RESPONSE.

    When you will do that on a particular thread post started by you that will come on top of the forum posts, I do not see you did that any where and if you mean you did that on this one then three cheers to you

     

    The post on which I added "BEST RESPONSE" was Unsafe food and the consumer posted by me yesterday. I do not know why it hasn't come on the top of the Forums. But I have done it as you said.

     


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    suni51 wrote:

    I have started.

    Underneath the post, I added a note

    BEST RESPONSE.

    When you will do that on a particular thread post started by you that will come on top of the forum posts, I do not see you did that any where and if you mean you did that on this one then three cheers to you

     

    The post on which I added "BEST RESPONSE" was Unsafe food and the consumer posted by me yesterday. I do not know why it hasn't come on the top of the Forums. But I have done it as you said.

     

    It did not come on top for a simple reason, you did not quote it but posted your response on your own thread by editing it. 


  • Re: A Discussion Regarding Contests and Forum Posts

    by » 3 years ago


    I do see a lot of suggestionmerit in Lopamudra's suggestion in having a stimulating and wide-ranging discussion on a literary work which any member may have chanced upon and gone through.A review is a reviewer's perspective of it suffering from his or her shortcomings like capacity,bias and prejudices.It can't be substitute for a forum discussion reflective of many shades and nuances of a work from a diverse set of readers.

    About Gulshanji's suggestion of spamming what else I can suggest? Crack the whip cutting across all race,religion and color,ha ha!!"

     

    About Gulshanji's 


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.