The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In civilized society,  it is preferred that the culprits be let free rather than punishing an innocent.  Maverick's view need be taken in this context. It is correct to say that our site is a cooperative one that needs self discipline. The rules cannot be very rigid.  It is also correct that nothing id perfect in the world.  There are also some norms for regulation of forum.  Most members are following these. some times, a few members indulge in some irregularities and gain. But ultimately they either quit or follow the rules in spirit.  So let us perform on site to our best. We need not be very senitive on some occasional irregularities.  Also the administration is not so lenient. In appropriate cases, some members have been debarred also. But this cannot be a rule. Such drastic measure is very rare.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Maverick, suni51
Maverick wrote:

So what I understand is majority people are against the restrictions, well I have to respect your views. 

@kalyani, this is an open forum, everyone welcome here and can share their views freely. Nobody can command anyone here, it simply do not work in an open environment.

@chinmoy, sorry but I have to disagree. people who are supposed to do keep the discipline are already doing their job at their best, imho. At the end, this is the forum run by the community for themselves. If there are some deviations, I won't worry as there is no perfect thing in the world in any field.

@rambabu, any incidents reported will be taken care with due diligence. I don't worry about 100 wrong people gets benefit but I do worry if 1 innocent paid the price for no wrong doing.

Others, thanks for posting your views. At present there would be no change in any status. We will continue to take feedback from you guys.

I am breaking a rule here by posting twice consecutively in a row here but it is only now I read your response here carefully and have tried to discern exactly what you mean. I cannot help but disagree with you that if we know that there are a people doing wrong here then there is no way that can allow them to discontinue. Until now and hereon forth too, I am sure that you will allow me and other moderators the liberty of taking action against the concerned people here and will not question us if we have to delete threads or posts. But still, I wish you would be more forthcoming with your point of view. As far as one innocent person paying the price is concerned, I am seriously disturbed by your thoughts on this, too many have already paid the price and while this is an independent forum and people may come and go as they please, it does not really do us any good to lose a few good ones merely for the purpose of stoking the ego of a single person.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, chinmoymukherjee, suni51
What kind of a civilized society are you talking about,Gulshanji?How the cause of protecting innocence is justly served by letting culprits free! Incompressible! Recently the TMC goons in municipal elections rained blows,fatally wounded voters cutting across age,sex and all and the police looked the way to protect the innocence of these goons by not booking any.You must be very happy with these civilized ways of this civilized state! Though the context is different but don't make things too free to jeopardize freedom itself!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, suni51

Guys, lets don't deviate from our discussion, sorry for feeding unnecessary things in this forum. Yes, there are good enough measures to treat the people who do wrong-doings as you might have already seen in last few years and at the same time.

@Kalyani, first of all posting multiple replies is not come under rules violation, rather posting meaningless posts, "me too" kind of posts. I agree on some part with your views on letting innocent people go away because of other people's ego, however this is what exactly tried to convey in my earlier post too. At the same time, we cannot take any decision in hurry. As you can see in this post, we asked everyone for their views even before we decide to take any decision. 

I would like to reiterate one point that this is a forum driven by community and each one has equal rights to express their views until they do not cross the line. If they cannot control the way things are going, editors/management is always at their rescue. And feel free to send me the mail using contact us form if nothing works out fine.

I hope you all agree for it. If yes, this thread can be locked out in next 24 hours.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, suni51
chinmoymukherjee wrote:What kind of a civilized society are you talking about,Gulshanji?How the cause of protecting innocence is justly served by letting culprits free! Incompressible! Recently the TMC goons in municipal elections rained blows,fatally wounded voters cutting across age,sex and all and the police looked the way to protect the innocence of these goons by not booking any.You must be very happy with these civilized ways of this civilized state! Though the context is different but don't make things too free to jeopardize freedom itself!!
The TMC is ruling party and is terrorizing the opposition. This is different from crimes of non political nature. It is considered bad to punish an innocent. On the other hand the guilty going unpunished is not so bad. That is why benefit of doubt is given so that an innocent be not punished though guilty could be spared. Here on Boddunan site, there could be many spams and irregularities. The moderators in fact try to curb these. At many occasions, spammers have even been blocked. But largely, self control is best and moderators' intervention very frequently is not so desirable.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Maverick wrote:

Guys, lets don't deviate from our discussion, sorry for feeding unnecessary things in this forum. Yes, there are good enough measures to treat the people who do wrong-doings as you might have already seen in last few years and at the same time.

@Kalyani, first of all posting multiple replies is not come under rules violation, rather posting meaningless posts, "me too" kind of posts. I agree on some part with your views on letting innocent people go away because of other people's ego, however this is what exactly tried to convey in my earlier post too. At the same time, we cannot take any decision in hurry. As you can see in this post, we asked everyone for their views even before we decide to take any decision. 

I would like to reiterate one point that this is a forum driven by community and each one has equal rights to express their views until they do not cross the line. If they cannot control the way things are going, editors/management is always at their rescue. And feel free to send me the mail using contact us form if nothing works out fine.

I hope you all agree for it. If yes, this thread can be locked out in next 24 hours.

Thanks admin for bringing these points in front of the forum members. So the rule of multiple postings in a row is non-existing which is a good news as many sites allow its members to do that. It will benefit the site and members directly and indirectly.

Now that all rules are clear including posting guidelines there are no further issues and I can name two members with best ideas

rambabu and Chinmoy, 

Thanks everyone for your valuable comments, the thread is locked now.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.