Hello All,
I am going to announce an entirely new contest at Boddunan.
It is a "CAPTION WRITING CONTEST".
Brief Description
It is a weekly contest. An image will be provided to you, you have to write a caption for it, the best two captions will be awarded Rs. 50 and Rs. 25 respectively.
15 Points will be given to all participants including winners.
Some Rules
1. The first and the foremost rule is it should not be copied from any source i.e. book, internet or any newspaper etc. Means it should be completely self created. The person found copying shall not be eligible for next two week's caption contests.
2. It should be short and clear. A person should able to understand its meaning in just one read.
3. There will be only one entry per person in this contest in a week, however, you can edit it any number of times.
4. If there will be less than 7 entries in a week' contest, there will be only one winner. Means there should be more than 7 participants in a week for announcing two winners.

I hope everything is crystal clear. In case of any doubt, you can ask me. In case you want to give any suggestions, you are most welcome.
Hope you all like the contest and I will be able to see a lots of participation. The contest will be starting from this Monday.
So, All the Best Guys..!!

-Aastha

Aastha Gupta
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A good one..Will it start today or next Mon(in July)?
Also, if there are less than 7 entries one name can be anounced and more than 7, two names as you mentioned.
Sridevi wrote:
[quote]A good one..Will it start today or next Mon(in July)?
Also, if there are less than 7 entries one name can be anounced and more than 7, two names as you mentioned.[/quote]

It will be started from 5 July..
Okay, for less than 7 entries only one name will be announced..

Aastha Gupta
I think this will bring a new enthusiasm in Boddunan members. Waiting for the competition to start.
Good contest Aastha.It will improve the creative thinking of our members.I am not in fully favour of the point no 4 though the aim of that is to make more members participate in the contest.
I agree with Sridevi's suggestion on that.

Is there any criteria about the length of the caption?

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
It is very good contest...
After joining Moderator club, you have started ROCKING ....
Its great sign....

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
Meean wrote:
[quote]Good contest Aastha.It will improve the creative thinking of our members.I am not in fully favour of the point no 4 though the aim of that is to make more members participate in the contest.
I agree with Sridevi's suggestion on that.

Is there any criteria about the length of the caption?[/quote]

I have edited it Meean. Hope its fine now...Just have a look.
There is no hard core criterion for length, it is usually one line, can be any number of words..no restiction but it should not look as its a description, it should be a caption.

Aastha Gupta
Really good.But I have a doubt.Some times metaphors may have to be used as caption which are not created by the member.What will do in such cases?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@Aastha, this is a very exciting adn great contest you have announced!! You really are rocking boddunan!! well done

Looking forward to the first contest!!! :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Aastha

Nice Contest! who have suggested this idea! If this was your own. hats off.

am looking forward to it.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]@Aastha

Nice Contest! who have suggested this idea! If this was your own. hats off.

am looking forward to it.[/quote]

Yes, it was my own idea..
Everybody is excited to take part in it...I hope there will be great number of entries and I will find it difficult to announce the winner.

Aastha Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.