Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Lets talk about loopholes in our education system...One of the biggest drawbacks is Reservation of seats for the backward classes.
Agreed, that its a good thing but first we should ask ourself how many of the backward people really need it.
A student who scores 60% is preferred over a student who scores 80%.
This is not quality education. Giving financial aid to the backward classes is absolutely correct but reserving seats for them is injustice to a general student.

Instead of bridging the gap, we are expanding it even further by giving them quota.
In each and every field we have got a separate quota for backward classes.

Even the IITs, which were established by Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar with a vision of giving quality education to those who deserved it which would be from reservations, has been engulfed by quota. There is nearly 50% reservation in all fields.

Some people falling under the backward category who go on to become Doctors and engineers and earn more than 40000-80000 per month, make their son to apply under the backward category.The NON-CREAMY layer certificate which is required to become eligible for the quota, can be easily made by giving just few hundred rupees.

This is not quality education.
It has been spoiling our education since past and will continue to do so unless necessary steps are taken.
@ Abid Areacode
I disagree with you. China is a communalist nation. Ours is a democratic.
Every Indian must know atleast three languages:
* English- Because it is a globally accepted language and in the international market, which is growing more and more competetive it would be a shame if one failed to grow his business due to lack of speaking skills.

* Hindi- Because it is our National Language. We must respect it.

* The regional Language- Whichever state we may be in, we must know its language to show our respect towards its cultures and heritage.
Michael wrote:
[quote]
Some people falling under the backward category who go on to become Doctors and engineers and earn more than 40000-80000 per month, make their son to apply under the backward category.The NON-CREAMY layer certificate which is required to become eligible for the quota, can be easily made by giving just few hundred rupees.
[/quote]

It is a matter of our corrupted system.Reservation was introduced for upliftment of the backward classes.It is a social justice for the injustice done to them in past years.

If that is the problem why don't the non reserved category emerge as good leaders?Here the problem is our educational content indeed.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Michael,
I had opposed the change of all Hindi medium to English medium.We must study our national language and English.But over emphasis to English is not good.

One can't say our present leaders had emerged due to the English education they got.Mr.Vajpay had spoke in UN Assembly in Hindi.Was it not knowing English ?Our nation's culture and custom should be given priority wherever possible.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@ Abid Areacode
they were non privileged enough in the past, agreed, but now when they are making a handsome salary why make their son also use the privilege which they no longer require..
the idea of changing hindi medium schools to english is ridiculous and pathetic..
We must give importance to our cultures, thats the most important thing.
We should be proud of who we are rather than imitating someone else's.
Lohit and Michael,
When we focus on our GD topic which is about creating good leaders for the future, i dont think reservation in educational institution is a hindrance for that.Its because reservation comes in higher education like professional colleges, and to shape a better leader for the future we have to change or modify our basic educational system.I agree that when we consider the quality of education as a whole, it will be effected by giving reservation and deserving people may not be able to make it.But thats all about a particular field or profession and has got nothing to do with a future leader.I believe in order to shape a good leader our basic or primary education system has to be improved.As Lohit said, our entire curriculum must emphasis on practical knowledge.Children must be given enough opportunities to lead and learn to deal with a group, and thus improve their leadership quality.The total focus must be on basic education and if ever a political school is coming,as Abid said, lets hope no reservation is kept on that!
@Abid,
I agree that reservation is necessary for the upliftment of backward class.But in my opinion there should be a time limit.A solid study has to be conducted in this regard and according to that reservation policy must be revised.There must be a deadline for the quota and reservation to end and thus equality and quality in education is ensured.As Michael said, at least the quota must be removed if also the financial aid is continued.But unfortunately now this entire issue is politics.
MC,
I'm not saying that SSA is a total failure. But it has some limitations. Seminars, projects etc are good. But don't make it a burden to students or just don't make it so simple that students will just copy something. It should be helpful to improve the knowledge and talents of students...

Education should be in such a way that it helps in overall development of the student..

But not only as a good student..

But also..

A good citizen..
A good human.....

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
@ Cool boy...

Its a nice suggestion that adding some political topics to syllabus will help students to know their responsibility towards the nation and the society...

But the problem is that..
Its highly Sensitive..

If it is not properly handled, it will become controversies..
When we say about political views in text books.. May the ruling party will try to include their political view supporting their party, then the opposition will protest and it will become a problem..

So, it should be handled carefully...

There should not be any political interruption in preparing it and it should not be in favouring of any parties or their ideologies...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.