Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Lohit...

Its true that quality of education is good in very few colleges only... Like IIT , IIM etc.
But other colleges are also not bad.But they are not coming to the top in providing quality education compared to the present situation of education system.

Still in our system, we force students to by heart what which have been found decades before and we are testing their memory power only.

Like western system, we should give students basic knowledge and then allow him to experience it and give encouragement to find something by himself rather than just by hearting what it is in text..

Our system should come to that standard...

Also you had agreed to santosh saying that there is no need for hindi medium as we need english more.. But one thing is there.. hindi or whatever be our mother tongue.. Don't avoid it..
We should give importance to our mother tongue also...

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
my view was that general politics topics should be included and not the mentioning of any parties to create controversies. Those things which will have good effects on students and not that will create controversies.
Abid,

Yes.. SSA is the developed form of DPEP and SSA has overcome the draw backs of DPEP.

Mock parliament is now a days conducted in school level also.. Mock parliament is a good practise to develop talents and leadership qualities in students..

Caste system is good to uplift lower caste. But the thing is that most of the lower caste people are rich now and they are misusing the reservations.. So i think reservation criteria should be revised..

Continous evaluation is better than just testing his memory power..

And i agree with you that we should not avoid our own mother tongue and system..

Abid..

Yes we have to value our own culture.. values and tradition..

Reservation was started for upliftment of the backward.. But as corruption is increased in reservation system.. As I said.. revision of criteria is required..

We had discussed about the need of reservation in one of our first GD's..

Michael...

Reservation is needed to upliftment of backward and we don't need to remove it completely..
But i agree with you that rather than decreasing, it had increased the gap between society to some extend..

Anyway.. its time for a revision in reservation criteria..

I think 50% reservation is not at all required..

And i agree to you that its essential to know three languages as you said.. All has its own need..

English.. Gives us a global exposure..
Hindi.. Proud to be an Indian..
Mother tongue.. We can't forget our mother...

MC,

Yes.. we should start concentrating from primary level itself to moulding a good person.. a good leader in our nation.. We should give good exposure to our students .. Students should be up to date with what is happening around him.. around the globe..

Jobin wrote:
[quote]
Seminars, projects etc are good. But don't make it a burden to students or just don't make it so simple that students will just copy something. It should be helpful to improve the knowledge and talents of students...
[/quote]

Jobin,
The seminars and projects of SSA are not at all a burden to students.I think you had mistaken it like the projects and seminars conducted by higher education students.Students really enjoy them and acquire practical knowledge through them.

In our days we have magazines only in colleges.Now we can see magazines even in primary schools with the whole efforts of students only.

Campus films were heard in degree level colleges only.Now upper primary students prepare documentary films.

All these are the effect of SSA.It really develops a student in all areas through his own query and findings.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Politics is already a branch of study in our education.As some of here fears it hadn't become a sensitive issue till now.But ruling and opposing parties had made some issues in some states not in study of politics,but in history and like that.

But in my opinion this study is good for nothing.It is just like any subject.By studying it one cannot be a good leader.To develop good managers and businessman we have business schools.Like that to develop good leaders we should have political schools.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid,

When projects are given.. students should also get good time to prepare a goo one by themselves. But what we are seeing many times is that its not happening in the busy schedule..

Magazines, campus films ets are a good sign of progress and quality of students.. Its a nice move...

Political schools are good for those who opting to serve as a politician.. Also we have degrees given in politics now..

But there should be something about politics for all students to study so that they get basic awareness about politics...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.