The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Deivigan wrote:
[quote]No one is opposing the festival however the only one question is this necessary i mean a particular day to express your love to your loved ones? That is the major question here?[/quote]

As I wrote in my earlier post, such question can be raised about many festivals. You observe Karva choth. Is it necessary to fast only on one day in a year for husband's safety. About Raksha Bandhan, Do you need to protect your brother only on one day in a year. About Deepawali, do you need lakshmi or money only on one day in a year. So, the question is not significant. Love is continuous but it is okay to observe one day as Lovers' day.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Guys, please continue with the topic ignoring any spam in between. We will regularly delete all spam. Do not discuss about any spam.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Regularly deletion of spams will be lot of time consuming and ultimately an overhead for Boddunan Moderators.
I agree with Mr Gulshan's viewpoint that one day to symbolize your affection in the relationship is not enough.Also well mentioned of festivals like Raksha Bandhan and Karvachauth.

Something that we express and value has to be celebrated wholeheartedly.Our birthday's for example mark the day we entered life and we celebrate it to mark the occasion.But Valentine day has no such basis penned down in history to mark it in context of love.

Leo

Let me conclude the discussion. The objection to celebration of Valentine day arises from its western origin and vulgarity, being against Indian culture and also that there is no need to express love on a single day in a year.

Owing to modern communication and scientific advancement, the whole world is like a global village. Hence opposition owing to foreign origin is invalid. As regards obscenity and vulgarity, there is need to observe decorum. There is vulgarity also in Holi but we need to maintain decorum and not boycott the festival. As regards the necessity of earmarking a day for expressing love, days are also earmarked for sisters (Rakhi), husbands (karva choth), workers (Vishwakarma day) and so on. There is also an argument that the festival is commercialized for benefit of advertisers, card business, flower sellers. But this argument also does not cut ice as almost every festival is commercialized. Deepawali, New Year, Christmas, Karwa Choth all are commercialized. On the other hand, Deepawali is most commercialized and is a festival of corrupt bureaucrats and corrupting businessmen.

Valentine Day is now to stay and this has also become as Indian as English language, European dress, Christian calendar and other inventions that originated in west. East or west, what cheers is best.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you all for your participation!

The topic is now closed for discussion! Will publish the results of thsi GD soon!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.