The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reality shows were initially meant to showcase talent and to nurture the creative streak present in the generation.It's main aim is to create a platform for talent to shine which was otherwise not available.But now even reality shows like quiz shows,dance shows and singing shows are scripted.How do you wish to believe shows like Big Boss etc.

What sense is there in a show that asks fifteen girls to fight for one guy? What sense is there in shows that asks you to perform stunts and win by being abusive?.I've seen the making of Roadies where in the crew themselves bet on contestants while they perform stunts.Its plain Cheap.

I personally feel there is no value addition from shows like these except some entertainment to see a bunch of people fighting for the prize money and have the guts to do anything to get it.Through shows like this we loose faith in being fair,in being ethical and also being compassionate.

I also agree with the point made by Arun that the value addition has to be judged before you start watching a show.The youth today is elluded for the sake of big bucks,the more they get in touch with so called daring programs like these,their attitudes do get affect on whole.

Leo

The Tv programmes are getting daily in to a cruel stage there is a lot of time waste on this and no need of doing that much over there.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I think shows like these are again taking us back to the primitive stage of man, where man lived like an animal with no rules, no morals, no principles.

I mean seriously, this is what these shows promote. These shows actively promotes backstabbing, vicious planning to get your opponent out. These shows also have no regards for right or wrong whatsoever, they ask you to do anything by which you can survive on the show.

Thats downright killing of morals, values and principles. It is more of an animal mentality.

It took us good more than thousand years to become a civilized man from animal, but I guess with these shows we are going back to the animal stage.

It's a 'survival of the fittest' scenario, no doubt, but not to the extent of equating men to animals. Backstabbing and conniving are very human emotions.

These shows generally portray unsavory moral principles, but I wouldn't equate it to animal mentality, for the simple reason that animals would not behave in such a manner as these people behave on reality shows, and never for such reasons!
And want to add that they should be some censorship before broadcasting such shows.Though some bad words used are censor with a beep sound the main theme of the shows like roadies and splitvilla is itself projected badly. To put some spicy stuff the show theme is completely changing.

I don't think it's really possible to have censorship in a 'reality show.' The only way to counter the need for this is to change the very theme of the show.

I'm actually of the opinion that the term 'reality shows' is an oxymoron! Most of these shows are rigged to air in such a way as to increase the TRP ratings. Let's face it, nobody would watch a show that is not interesting enough to capture your attention. Everyday events are just not interesting. These shows instead exaggerate a reality situation to such an extend that it no longer mimics reality.
Apart from mentioning the benefits of participants of reality shows in my first post in the present group discussion, here, in my second post, I am going to mention about the other positive impact or aspects of the reality shows on the youths of our country.

** Youngsters get prepared for the real world - Our youngsters when they watch the common participants performing in the reality shows get inspired and they too think that it is something possible and thereby a sense of self improvement arises among them.

** Overall growth of talent - Very often these reality shows are based on different themes including singing and dancing competitions like Boogie Woogie etc and our youngsters could cultivate the growth of some specific talent among them by following some particular program according to their talent and ability.

** Entertainment on hand - Not to mention the level of frustration and tension our youngsters face by the pressure of monotonous day to day activities and these shows really add spices to their boring lives and help them to rewind themselves to a great extent.

** Real life experience - Reality shows are generally portrayed on real life experiences and thereby it helps the youngsters to realize their individuality in different circumstances of life and in a way prepared them for real world.

** Spirit of team work - Some of the reality shows are based on team work which sends a very positive lesson to our youngsters and it helps in a way in sowing the seeds of "Team work" in them.

** Teach them what it takes to be a real winner - In reality shows constants goes through different levels and stages of competitions before being finally adjudged a winner and hence it conveys a valuable message to the youths of today that one has to struggle and meet with different obstacles before being a final winner!!!!
And want to add that they should be some censorship before broadcasting such shows.Though some bad words used are censor with a beep sound the main theme of the shows like roadies and splitvilla is itself projected badly. To put some spicy stuff the show theme is completely changing.

I don't think it's really possible to have censorship in a 'reality show.' The only way to counter the need for this is to change the very theme of the show.

I'm actually of the opinion that the term 'reality shows' is an oxymoron! Most of these shows are rigged to air in such a way as to increase the TRP ratings. Let's face it, nobody would watch a show that is not interesting enough to capture your attention. Everyday events are just not interesting. These shows instead exaggerate a reality situation to such an extend that it no longer mimics reality.

Well i agree with you that the real situation is exaggerated too much and shown to attract people and only people who get attract will watch the show. But in what way the theme is matching the two shows splitvilla and Rodies? In real scenario such things are rare to occur..so what they are going to prove?
The point is that there is no learning from these shows.Even more the way these shows are relayed just leaves you in awe of how cheap things can get.
I believe that such shows are purposely not censored and are shown to the public to gain attention.And unfortunate as it, we do end up giving our time watching such shows.
Participating in such shows might be of some benefit for the winners,for the masses who view,gain only moments of entertainment-nothing else.

Leo

@ Ajay

I think you are explaining the meaning of reality shows in general as splitvilla and roadies do not have any postive effects on anyone. The reason is there is lot of negative activity going in these shows.
Well i agree with you that the real situation is exaggerated too much and shown to attract people and only people who get attract will watch the show. But in what way the theme is matching the two shows splitvilla and Rodies? In real scenario such things are rare to occur..so what they are going to prove?

I was actually speaking generally in that regard. To improve the quality of reality shows, the reality shows should be based on a worthy theme, not something frivolous like attracting random people.
This is my final post in the present group discussion and in this post I am going to discuss about the negative aspects of reality shows on today's youth...

Reality shows are not real in nature - Though most of the reality shows guarantees reality but the most unearthed truth is that they are not real and things are done in a pre-planned way and sequences are matched to such an extent that they seems appealing and interesting to the viewers.

Non-educational - These shows are basically non-educational in nature and there is hardly anything for anyone to learn apart from watching the foolery that goes throughout the shows and is really a total waste of our precious time and energy.

Damages moral value - These shows often broadcast sex, obscenity or violence that is likely to damage the ideals of moral values of one's life.

Wrong impacts on the minds of youths - These shows mostly consists of B grade actors and they are almost naked or semi naked which really had a bad effect or ill effect on the minds of our youth today.

No thoughts or concept - These shows are mostly based on topics that hardly have any thought process or concepts. There is hardly anything for our youngsters to enrich their intelligence and expand their memory which is not only crucial but vital for their age.

Telecast disagreement and fights etc - These shows are basically involved with telecasting or broadcasting disagreements or never ending fights or quarrels between individuals or groups of individuals which have a total negative impact on the minds of the viewers.

Not suitable for family viewing - These shows often ends up telecasting certain things which are not appropriate for family viewing or you cannot enjoy these shows together with your families...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.