The topic is locked.
Hi All,

I am back with another round of Group Discussion Contest. The topic for this round is

We all know how the people suffered with the recent recession (I don't think it is over yet and don't know if it become serious in the coming days) and this is the right time to discuss it as we all experienced it. So the topic is -

"With the recession in IT industry, is it better to go for a goverment job than private?"

Thanks Meean for the topic suggestion and congratulations to you for winning 100 points.

To know more about this contest Click Here

We are giving 50 points for all the members who post atleast 3 valid replies on Group Discussion topic. Replies should be in a constructive manner either oppose of supporting the topic.

Wish you all the best and be creative, informative and be sportive in taking feedback.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As per Topic "With the recession in IT industry, is it better to go for a goverment job than private?"

For Each & everybody time comes in two format. One thing is bad and another is good. From a long time IT field was going good but suddenly this recession changed the complete IT world for a limitted time. So many workers lost their jobs and some more people have done suicide due to unemployeement. But now IT field is came back with is power and a lot of jobs are coming in 2010.

Goverment Job: So many people wants to do goverment job, because there is not so much hard work in that job and so much facilities. Maximum chances in goverment job is your the boss of your self. But goverment job is the only job which makes people currupted. Its not an easy task to get a goverment job. A lot unfairs happen in test of goverment jobs, curruption is at our full position at the time of interview. The main thing is that so many rules which bounds us in govt policies, the pay is not so much good. In goverment job a promotion for an employee is very long task.
Government jobs have been considered safe with no or little threat of job loss, especially when job opportunities in the private sector were not.

Nevertheless, Government jobs have traditionally offered many perks which private jobs do not. Here are a few job benefits and reasons for choosing a government job over a one in the private sector.
Some benefits of Govt jobs :

Negative Points Of Goverment Jobs :

Private Jobs :
      The private sector offers the maximum number of employment opportunities. This is true for any developing or developed country. Private sector jobs, even though they do not guarantee job security, offer high career potential growth opportunities. This is by far the biggest reason for their popularity along with the huge demand that they create. Job seekers often opt for private sector employment because of their fast paced and modern recruitment procedures. In the private sector, true talent is recognized and sought out by various selection techniques.

Benefits :

No, I don't think so it is better to go for goverment jobs then private because Goverment jobs has a very slow process and career growth is very less there. Some people thinks that they are safe in goverment jobs due to their facilities, but at current time private sectors are also giving all facilities. Its not easy to get the goverment job. If you have talent then you can easily get job in recession time also. Because if you are giving benefits to a company then why they will make you out from there company.

Just assume if 100000 people lost their jobs in recession, there how many get goverment jobs only near about max 1000. Its not easy to enter into goverment job. And goverment offers very less jobs to IT field. Make your talent comes out and you will easy get private jobs and live a royal financially free life.
        In india recession didn't make so much effect but that effect is just going out. So compnaies again offering a lot of jobs and jobs option are more availabe in IT industry rather than goverment sector. So Its good to come back to companies and get your job.
        I dont blame time for my activities. We reap whatever we sow.
        All are talking about lay off at the time of recession.
        WE must understand one thing
        the people who had lost their jobs have no other way than blaming themselves because the companies are still recruiting new employees.
        How come its possible?
        If you look at the people who lost their jobs the main reason was not recession alone. some other reasons were also considered. they are:

Those employees must be inactive or lazy

They were not serious at their works

they were not skilled enough

The company was closely watching them and the correct time to send them home was recession. They would have not lost their job if they were serious in their work.

Still the door is open for the skilled ones.

I strongly oppose government jobs because your career growth is simply nil.
        Dharanidaran wrote:
        [quote]I dont blame time for my activities. We reap whatever we sow.
        All are talking about lay off at the time of recession.
        WE must understand one thing
        the people who had lost their jobs have no other way than blaming themselves because the companies are still recruiting new employees.
        How come its possible?
        If you look at the people who lost their jobs the main reason was not recession alone. some other reasons were also considered. they are:

Those employees must be inactive or lazy

They were not serious at their works

they were not skilled enough

The company was closely watching them and the correct time to send them home was recession. They would have not lost their job if they were serious in their work.

Still the door is open for the skilled ones.

I strongly oppose government jobs because your career growth is simply nil.[/quote]

I am completely agree with you dear. If a employee is giving benefits to a company then why that company will amke him hout. So , in recession with IT related companies, only those persons lost their jobes which don't have so much importance at their work.

At the side of goverment jobs, its not easy to get and slow career growth, no acivements, no financial freedom.
        Why ppl going going to US even in recession?

do u think u can get a Phd when ever u want to do it?
        guys for me.its goin to be a tough n am already facing a grunt of it. if u guys have a job i would say dont risk it right now. if u have job it would actually help u in the future.

u may call pessimistic but that the fact. jobs r coming down, no of ppl thrown out now is more than they take(if at all they take!) ya..sure things will improve. but in wat direction, no body knws. Obama, the presidential candidate said he will try to make more jobs for american..means the foreigners here r goin to get a grunt. that too immediately after recession. its goin to be a tough time in "the promising land"!

Goverment jobs are more secure than private ones and there is a guarantee that you will get pension. there are lot of goverment sectors providing opportunities for young guns today. i would suggest it is better to choose goverment job than a private job eventhough salary is less.
        sajeetharan wrote:
        [quote]Why ppl going going to US even in recession?

guys for me.its goin to be a tough n am already facing a grunt of it. if u guys have a job i would say dont risk it right now. if u have job it would actually help u in the future.

u may call pessimistic but that the fact. jobs r coming down, no of ppl thrown out now is more than they take(if at all they take!) ya..sure things will improve. but in wat direction, no body knws. Obama, the presidential candidate said he will try to make more jobs for american..means the foreigners here r goin to get a grunt. that too immediately after recession. its goin to be a tough time in "the promising land"!

Goverment jobs are more secure than private ones and there is a guarantee that you will get pension. there are lot of goverment sectors providing opportunities for young guns today. i would suggest it is better to choose goverment job than a private job eventhough salary is less.[/quote]

sajeetharan I am agree with your point but tell me one thing, where the government jobs , which are available for 100000 peoples. Nobody can get jobs on govt without curruption at this time. If there are 100 posts the, half are reserved for different casts and then in those 100 80% will get fill from money and approach. Now what will our youth do ? America and Us are the two countries which got most effect of recession but india don't get so much effect and in india there are a lot of jobs in IT compnies. IT came back with a huge jobs. And career growth is in IT field not in govt jobs.
        sajeetharan wrote:
        [quote]Why ppl going going to US even in recession?

Goverment jobs are more secure than private ones and there is a guarantee that you will get pension. there are lot of goverment sectors providing opportunities for young guns today. i would suggest it is better to choose goverment job than a private job eventhough salary is less.[/quote]

I accept that government jobs are secure. What about career growth?
        I think career growth is the most important thing of a job.
        mainly this recission is due to the no projects in US based companies
        Dear now In india There is no problem in IT industry.....

India have been covered so much effect.
        Recession is over now, IT industry is emerging again, there is a very good hike in revenue of big industries especially in INFOSYS.
        Companies have started many new projects & they are coming for placements in many colleges.
        Moreover, one cannot rise with government job but he can attain a good reputation in private sector.
        Government jobs are good enough for earning money with less efforts.
        While private jobs are good enough to earn respect.

Aastha Gupta
        You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.