The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its not so Santosh,that you need to maintain 60% marks throughout only to get a govt. job but today same criterion is being followed by almost all MNC's aspecially good companies like HCL, INFOSYS, & TCS type.

These private companies too require 60% marks throughout, otherwise one cannot get job.
And If private companies watch confidence in a person then I think there is no bad point in this.

Confidence is must to get any type of job either govt. or pvt.

When private companies select candidates for job by watching their certification & confidence then I think they get best candidates for their companies.

Aastha Gupta
Here we are discussing mainly about IT sector.All IT companies are asking minimum 60%in 10th,12th,and in degree.
few companies asking minimum 65or70.
For some government jobs passmark is also enough.
For private IT jobs they will conduct minimum 3rounds Written,Technical,GD etc for some companies 5to8 rounds,Passing in all the rounds is very tough.Maintaining 60% is a normal thing now a days.

Its a well known truth that the entrance exam is very tough for private jobs.
aastha wrote:
[quote]Its not so Santosh,that you need to maintain 60% marks throughout only to get a govt. job but today same criterion is being followed by almost all MNC's aspecially good companies like HCL, INFOSYS, & TCS type.

These private companies too require 60% marks throughout, otherwise one cannot get job.
And If private companies watch confidence in a person then I think there is no bad point in this.

Confidence is must to get any type of job either govt. or pvt.

When private companies select candidates for job by watching their certification & confidence then I think they get best candidates for their companies.
[/quote]

Yes i am agree with you aastha. The criteria of private jobs are better because they select only those candidates which have confident and have talent.

In government jobs firstly we need source not talent.

Maximum Government jobs have 60% criteria, but the problem of goverment job is, they always create difference with cast system. One example : Why the Test Form is Of rs 500 for a general category person and why that same form is for 200 or 100 for SC/Bc. In these days SC BC cast person are more rich than General category. Why the 50% or 45% for SC/BC students, why 60% for general. Candidates are same. If you see then this time maximum times SC/ Bc cast's person easily get selected.

But in private jobs and IT sector there is only we need talent or confidence. It not matters from which cast you are. So in IT sector and Private sector we will get more benefit.
Radhika wrote:
[quote]Here we are discussing mainly about IT sector.All IT companies are asking minimum 60%in 10th,12th,and in degree.
For private IT jobs they will conduct minimum 3rounds Written,Technical,GD etc for some companies 5to8 rounds,Passing in all the rounds is very tough.Maintaining 60% is a normal thing now a days.

Its a well known truth that the entrance exam is very tough for private jobs.[/quote]

Radhika you are right, Mainly in IT sector 60% is needed in 10th, 12th and in degree.

But sometimes a student from such problems couldn't score 60% in his/her 10th or 12th. just take the example that person have 57% in !2th. What it means he will not get job in private job if he didn't have 60%. The main part is degree of his education and if that person have 65 or 70% in that graduation and 57% in 12th, then why he will not get chance to get enter into the interview. In government sector, Some jobs allow a candidate for 55% and some jobs allow min 60%.

So i just want to say that both areas select a person who have knowledge about that field and see marks after the all rounds. Because from that you can know that a person who have little less %, but he/she have guts to proof, he/she can be beneficial for their company have rights to get private job.
Radhika wrote:
[quote]Here we are discussing mainly about IT sector.All IT companies are asking minimum 60%in 10th,12th,and in degree.

Its a well known truth that the entrance exam is very tough for private jobs.[/quote]

I accept what you say.
But remember, if we have skills no one will reject us and if we have no talent then no one is going to appoint us. Any company will not take us as such because they want talent and skill.
If we have skill passing 5 to 8 rounds is easy.
You are right Dharnidaran, skills are important, but what if you have 50% mks in 10 n 12,
They will reject you by watching your academics, they won't see your skills, bcoz you will not get the chance to show it,

Academically sound, is also an important part to be in campus for these companies.

Aastha Gupta
aastha wrote:
[quote]You are right Dharnidaran, skills are important, but what if you have 50% mks in 10 n 12,
They will reject you by watching your academics, they won't see your skills, bcoz you will not get the chance to show it,

Academically sound, is also an important part to be in campus for these companies.[/quote]

i think anyone who is skilled will not get less than 50% marks in 10th or 12th.
for talented persons getting 50% or 60% is not a big issue.
I think we all know about education system in India.Maximum the examination paper setter will set questions in a way that a normal person can do well.

If the person have skill to face all the rounds in selection process.He is a talented person for him getting 60% is not a big matter.
But mostly all IT companies are following this 60%marks for shortlisting candidates.
My opinion is its good to take private jobs when compared to government jobs as the government jobs are less challenging.
According to me take some risk by taking private jobs and reach the peak instead of staying in the basement with government jobs.
As Per This GD Topic "With the recession in IT industry, is it better to go for a government job than private?". I am now going to conclude it :

If we have talent and we can do better for a company then no company will wanna loose us. So Recession effects only those person who are not of so much use for the companies at that time.

When Recession Came in IT sector, then so many near about thousands of employees have lost their jobs, at that time if just we assume :30000 employee lost their jobs , then how much jobs are given or announced by government. Its nothing. Its not easy also to get into government sector. There is curruption there, cast system and so much.

So I don't think so its not better to go to government sector, because we also not get job their. Government always do blank hands up at the time of jobs.

And one thing more there is no so much jobs for ITians in government sector. Its ration is 1000:10 , if 1000 jobs are in private sector then, 10 jobs are in government sector.

Those who have money to give for job or wanna only laziness, simple environment they can got to government sector.

Si i don't think so its better to leave the private IT sector for government jobs. Now Recession just going out.

Thanks

Lohit
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.