The topic is locked.
Friends,

We are in the month of August which has great importance in our independence struggle.The quit India movement , Bifurcation of India and getting of independence etc are the most important among them.So the topic of GD is

Is India really independent ?

Please convince your answers with right points.

As usual all members who post at least three valid answers will get 50 points as bonus and winners will get Rs 50 and Rs 25 as cash price.

Hurry up, all the best.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel India is not really independent. To all the Indians when India got independence then it is Independent. But India should get Independence from politicians, pollution and all the crimes and bad things happening in India. If all these are been rectified and every one do their duty regualarly without any bribe then India is really Independent.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Very important topic started.

My answer to this question Is India really independent ? is NO
The exact meaning of independence is not satisfied in case of India. Though we have achieved independence from British rule there is no independence from things like corruption, terrorism, scams etc. Added to these features we are still following many things adopted by western countries including culture. Language to communicate with other countries and internally is also English which is not our mother tongue.

All these examples can give us an idea whether we achieve freedom or not.
Friends,

None other has opinion on this question.I think India is still have to be independent.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
India is independent on papers only. The true Independence will come only when people can express their thoughts (without fear or favour),do their duties freely (towards their own and for country) and live in a peaceful atmosphere. Advancement of country do not be considered as independent. Independent country is that country where people can have freedom of speech, right to live and express their feelings to each other. We don't think the same in case of India truly speaking.

In every second a crime is committed, women and girls are tortured and people are under the grip of fear to speak the truth. Hope that freedom should come early with lot of development in all fields and bringing a bright future for the generations to come.
Well said by Manas!!! But i think right to express and speak are fundamental rights, which are birth rights for every indian but these rights are not utilized in a good way (for example media ) and damanges happen due to that. I agree with Manas about the other statements.

It is know that our freedom fighters struggled a lot to acheive the freedom from british rule but they never thought that so many things are still not attained with respect to independence. Even Mahatma Gandhi used to say that true independence is achieved only when "ladies can travel securely at nights" which is not seen from that age itself. And the problems and crimes on ladies are increasing further. When people can be peaceful with proper leader then only we can see independent india which is independent from all problems.
The topic for discussion is whether our independence is real or sham. At the outset let me assert that the concept of independence differs from type of government viz. democracy, autocracy, monarchy etc. This has nothing to do with good or bad governance. This has nothing to do with policies.

The sole test of 'independence' is whether we really attained independence on 15th August 1947 or the independence was only formal. The communists had then declared that the independence was sham and they began a 'revolution' in Telangana for 'real independence'. But they later realized their mistake and accepted that Independence was indeed real and the stir in Telangana was an infantile disorder.

Most of the discussion is on governance, which is a different matter. Let us restrict ourselves to the real issue of this GD.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

So are we really independent? Let me tell you “yes” – we are independent according to the definition’s minimum benchmark. We have an independent army, our people think that we are independent and we have an independent political system.
A country cannot be independent till it can freely express its opinion and act based on its national and strategic interests.
India was declared independent by an act of British parliament. British had no control on India after they left. India was free to draft her own constitution and rule in the way considered appropriate.

It has been remarked in this thread that we still follow foreign culture and have adopted English, which is not our language. This is typical comment by the Hindi enthusiasts and revivalists who seek all virtue in ancient languages, knowledge and culture.

We have adopted English as our language on our own for purposes of Union government, inter state correspondence, education and business purposes out of our free choice. Today English is ours. This suits us to utilize all knowledge in medicine, engineering and technology irrespective of country of origin. It makes no sense to cast doubt on our independent status just because we use or adopt anything of foreign origin.

India has renamed many streets, buildings and places that were formerly in name of foreigners. We even adopted our constitution according to our needs under stewardship of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. We organized our states on basis of linguistic identity as a departure from British pattern that was only for administrative convenience of imperialist rulers.

We are member of United Nations as an independent sovereign state. We have diplomatic relations with other countries as an independent sovereign state. We have independent foreign policy. British crown is not even symbolically our head like Canada. We have our own head of state and government elected/ appointed in accordance with constitution of India.

The only symbol of British rule is membership of Commonwealth. This organization was formerly known as British Commonwealth of Nations. The word 'British' was dropped at the initiative of first Prime Minister, Pt Jawahar lal Nehru. The British monarch is ex officio head of this organization. India voluntarily accepted to continue in this organization keeping in view economic benefits. It will be appropriate to quit commonwealth as this is sign of British rule. As an alternative, India may also take initiative in amending the provision of ex officio head of the organization so that the members of the organization could be head by rotation. However, as we are in the commonwealth of our own choice and this organization has no right to interfere in any of our state functions, our independent status is not affected.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Let me start by saying that I am in complete agreement with Gulshan's views when he says that issues of governance should not be mixed up with this sacred fact that India's Independent. If we belittle it or call it sham, we would be not doing justice to thousands of martyrs who laid down their lives and those who suffered unimaginable misery to achieve it.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.