The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well i agree with chinmoy and Gulshaji that freedom and independent country is the only thing we have acheived but what exactly is called true independence is my question? At the time of freedom stuggle the aims of leaders were high other than getting independence from british rule as stated by other members also. They were facing some governacy problems and social problems which have improved after independence. But the leaders are constantly fighting for acheiving sometime or the other in our country even till now then what will we call that? the struggle for acheiving some thing can also be called as freedom struggle whatever be the purpose. Here the fight is to get independence from particular system though it is intenal. So, the change from the time of freedom struggle is at that time it was external independence struggle and now it is internal independence struggle.

I want to conclude that though we have acheived freedom from british rule and became independent country there is still may issues which need independence and the fight is still going on which is condemning the fact that true independence is acheived.

The topic of GD is limited one. This is whether we are truly independent. There is no doubt that we are a sovereign nation and we assert ourselves and play independent role in international affairs. In fact, countries like Britain are less independent as they follow lead of U.S.A. in international affairs and military operations. Pt Nehru First Prime minister framed independent foreign policy viz. non alignment. We adopted our independent view and reflected this in U.N.O.

No doubt we have pressing problems at home and do a lot for economic and social progress and justice. In fact, these are problems of Independent India. I wish to ask those who have contrary opinion- Which country in the world they considered as fully independent? Are U.S.A., Canada, Australia, Britain and France independent despite racial and religious discrimination? If they are independent, we are also despite caste discrimination and other drawbacks. Even one party system like Peoples Republic of China is considered independent despite problem of insurgency in Tibet. Even theological dictatorships in middle east are considered independent. Even North Korea with single party system and dynastic rule is considered independent. Our country was also considered independent before British rule despite religious fundamentalism, monarchic dictatorship.

We need to strengthen democracy, remove disparities, fight corruption. But these issues are distinct and we are undoubtedly a sovereign democratic republic. We are perfectly independent. We are not domicile or dominion of any power.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Are we really independent? YES OFCOURSE!!

India is a sovereign country! It takes its own decisions.We have leaders! Not dictators, or rulers! We get to elect them.. Atleast we have a right to choose our future. There is no Hosni Mubarak here.We have Kalam! It might look like im just stating obvious facts here. But this is the point. These are facts! Lets cherish them! We are an independent nation..
Sure there are problems like corruption,crime .. Environment or economy issues. But as a democracy we have a constitution in place that empowers us to fight these issues.
So this independence day, lets stop being the cynics that we are and celebrate living and breathing in this FREE, INDEPENDENT nation of ours.

P.s- if wasnt really an independent nation, we would probably not be here voicing our opinions..whatever they are!
I must appreciate the views of our new member Deven Rana and let me take this opportunity to welcome him into this forum. He has put forward his views very cogently and clearly too! Many nations which won freedom at around the same as India fell into the hands of dictators and the people of these countries once again were sujugated to the whims and fancies of worst form of dictatorships. Let us celebrate this fact unequivocally that we are the masters of our own destiny and by saying so we show our respects and pay our tributes to jundreds and thousands of martyrs who braved all odds to enable us to enjoy the fruits of freedom in the form Fundamental Rights which areenshrined in that great document called 'Constitution of India'.
In India when the people become alert and abolish the corruption, bad politics and crime. then India will be independent truthfully.Every Indian feels that India got independence from Britishers, I agree we got independence from Britishers who occupied our country but still we are not independent as these corruption, poverty , crime and politics are still occupied India. these are the only things which are making India in lagging to develop as USA developed.

I feel the people in Indian should do something to make India Independent.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Politician and Government servent doing corruption because they are feeling freedom to do it. So only those person who involve in corruption are independent other.

When we will able to make corruption then we can feel free ha ha ha ha

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Here members are seen taking the technical meaning of independence.What the GD intends to discuss is that, India got independence on August 15, 1947 from British rule.Are we independent in all manner?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
This is a good topic.
My answer is yes. We are independent in administration. We can cast our fundamental right. We can go anywhere, we can talk any thing.
My another answer is no.
After independence still now a great imbalance in our country.Many people of our society live under below poverty level.They do not get the minimum requirements which are food,cloth and shelter.Corruption is everywhere.
So ultimately there are many controversy .We have got independence on 15th august-1947.But still we should get some democracy.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
If everyone are satisfied with their duties and all then there may be no corruption and politics all.
So the people in our country should think about it and even government also should take action to rectify all these and make every thing strict and make people satisfied. Then our Lovable Country India will really become Independent

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

This is a good topic.
My answer is yes. We are independent in administration. We can cast our fundamental right. We can go anywhere, we can talk any thing.
My another answer is no.
After independence still now a great imbalance in our country.Many people of our society live under below poverty level.They do not get the minimum requirements which are food,cloth and shelter.Corruption is everywhere.
So ultimately there are many controversy .We have got independence on 15th august-1947.But still we should get some democracy.

You agree that we are independent. I agree that we need more democracy, less corruption, better facilities and living conditions.

Need for more democratic rights and improvement in living conditions are a separate matter. The fact remains that we are fully independent and this is the exact theme of the GD.

Here members are seen taking the technical meaning of independence.What the GD intends to discuss is that, India got independence on August 15, 1947 from British rule.Are we independent in all manner?

India got independence on 15th August 1947. Independence in this sense means political independence and sovereignty of a nation irrespective of political system and social or economic conditions. Even Iron curtain system of North Korea where people are badly brainwashed under totalitarian regime is an independent country.

Freedom from hunger, poverty, caste oppression are irrelevant to the theme of 'independence' particularly, when you speak of this in context of Independence day falling on fifteenth August.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.