The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with Gulshan again on this that there are duties for which we have to stand up.I would also like to point out that post independence communalism is still alive because our politicians want it to live.I remember when the bomb blast had taken place in Mumbai this year, many people spoke openly in media that politicians were trying to communalise the issue instead of tracking the culprits and punishing them.

And Rajini, its not India who protest for such things,there are protest campaigns in America against rascism,inflation and war itself.There are protests in Britain for tax hikes.There was a massive protest in London when tuition fees was hiked,so much that the royal couple was attacked.

My point again,we are not battling issues unknown to any other democratic country.I agree the extent differs and also agree with you reform of humungus proportions are required.

In my opinion,we really are independent but we are on a road to development and require a propellant to progress.As Gulshan mentioned in the earlier post " People learn to live as responsible citizens of independent country in due course.",I believe that is true and unfortunately the road blocks of personal greed and power deters us to grow exponentially.

Leo

[quote]The continuation of communal riots after independence is partly a result of vote bank politics. It is also true that the acrimony of partition days is not yet vanished. Let us hope that the communal forces and sentiments will vanish. Our people need to shed narrow considerations of community, region and caste for national progress. Attainment of independence does not immediately make the people worthy of democracy or even independence. People learn to live as responsible citizens of independent country in due course. The post -independence generation has taken over responsibilities from the old guard. Let us hope that people will learn their rights as well as duties. [/quote]

You are right Gulshan, we have to learn to live on hope, in fact do it even now.

And the reason why I consider we are still not independent in true sense is because we have finally managed to accomplish what Churchill himself had wanted and later Henry Kissinger! They were in favor of balkanizing India and that is what we are doing now! On the basis of castes, reservations in all faculties and jobs, to such an extent that the truly intelligent and capable people are having to look elsewhere for better job and better life!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]The continuation of communal riots after independence is partly a result of vote bank politics. It is also true that the acrimony of partition days is not yet vanished. Let us hope that the communal forces and sentiments will vanish. Our people need to shed narrow considerations of community, region and caste for national progress. Attainment of independence does not immediately make the people worthy of democracy or even independence. People learn to live as responsible citizens of independent country in due course. The post -independence generation has taken over responsibilities from the old guard. Let us hope that people will learn their rights as well as duties.

You are right Gulshan, we have to learn to live on hope, in fact do it even now.

And the reason why I consider we are still not independent in true sense is because we have finally managed to accomplish what Churchill himself had wanted and later Henry Kissinger! They were in favor of balkanizing India and that is what we are doing now! On the basis of castes, reservations in all faculties and jobs, to such an extent that the truly intelligent and capable people are having to look elsewhere for better job and better life![/quote]

The reservation policy and vote bank politics are purely Indian and let us not blame British. We are independent nation. Independence is not an unmixed blessing. If you are immature, you will end destroying yourself. Just make a child totally independent and free to do anything. The child will play with fire and electricity and harm. The sorry state of affairs regarding neglect of merit goes to show our immaturity rather than lack of independence.

Incidentally, Britain is badly in flames of racial riots. Is Britain independent?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]The reservation policy and vote bank politics are purely Indian and let us not blame British. We are independent nation. Independence is not an unmixed blessing. If you are immature, you will end destroying yourself. Just make a child totally independent and free to do anything. The child will play with fire and electricity and harm. The sorry state of affairs regarding neglect of merit goes to show our immaturity rather than lack of independence.

Incidentally, Britain is badly in flames of racial riots. Is Britain independent? [/quote]

I am not saying that the reservation policy is not purely Indian but the seed was sowed by the British and we are successfully nurturing it and propagating it!

As for the riots in Britain, it is their own making! They spoiled their people rotten, gave them free welfare money so much to extent that majority of them now do not believe in hard work and that is why they had to import skilled people from Asian countries to do their work. And now when their own youth have no jobs left, they are disgruntled and are carrying out armed loot everywhere.
and again we all know that racism is ingrained in the British and Americans!
what is happening now is just a harbinger of disaster to come!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]The reservation policy and vote bank politics are purely Indian and let us not blame British. We are independent nation. Independence is not an unmixed blessing. If you are immature, you will end destroying yourself. Just make a child totally independent and free to do anything. The child will play with fire and electricity and harm. The sorry state of affairs regarding neglect of merit goes to show our immaturity rather than lack of independence.

Incidentally, Britain is badly in flames of racial riots. Is Britain independent?

I am not saying that the reservation policy is not purely Indian but the seed was sowed by the British and we are successfully nurturing it and propagating it!

As for the riots in Britain, it is their own making! They spoiled their people rotten, gave them free welfare money so much to extent that majority of them now do not believe in hard work and that is why they had to import skilled people from Asian countries to do their work. And now when their own youth have no jobs left, they are disgruntled and are carrying out armed loot everywhere.
and again we all know that racism is ingrained in the British and Americans!
what is happening now is just a harbinger of disaster to come![/quote]

Seeds of reservation were in constitution framed by our leaders. Just as racism is ingrained in the British, caste disparity is in India since centuries. It rather goes to the credit of British that they abolished Sati system on advice of social reformed Raja Ram Mohan Roy. Independence is nothing but a tool to do what we want. This is like proverbial Kalp Vriksha. You will get what you desire and act. Let us stop blaming British. Our ills as well as virtue are our own. The fact remains that we are independent and may use this for our uplift, prosperity and building a just society.

India is independent but the the main personalities of india like its politicians are taking away the freedom from their people . they should use the wealth of india with right purpose not only to fill up their houses but also think about the people of india who are also the weath of country.
Many seeds are sowed by Britishers in India.Some of them were good plants while some where totally bad.Through independence we have received to select from it.But unfortunately we couldn't differentiate the good and bad.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Another point that deters our independence to flourish is the lack of support for the new generation to be an active part of the constitutional frame-work.

Britishers left and we a s a nation did what was necessary to sustain our existence.The reservation system for instance was required initially so that all castes could progress,it was meant to be discontinued when the nation was self-sustained,unfortunately that never happened.

Similarly,the new generation has to take active participation on the socio-political fields and new ideas need to bud and be nourished. The delegation from one generation to the other is pretty slow and unfortunately again we see a dynastic pattern even in politics.

I also as a generation often take our independence for granted.Instead of protecting and fighting for it,we groan on all the pain points and believe no change can take place.This is my personal opinion.There are changes happening and at a painfully slow pace,but I am thankful for the virtual platform that is now being used for awareness and raising questions.

Leo

Independence brings responsibility. This is true for individuals and nations both. Thus if you do not depend on others for your needs, you are independent. When we were under British rule, the responsibility for maintaining us rested on the British. Now who is responsible for well being, law and order, peace and progress of India? Nobody except Indians. This is indicative of our independence.

Independence brings responsibility. As long as you are not earning and depending on your parents, you have no responsibility. So, you are not independent. But when you are educated and employed, you are responsible for yourself and family. This responsibility indicates your independent status. This is true for nation also. Accordingly, our status as an independent nation is beyond any shadow of doubt. If we are not mature enough, if we are corrupt, if we are inefficient and lethargic, if we are divided on religion, caste, region; we are still independent.

It is another thing that we have not proved worthy of independence. We have framed and implemented constitution clearly defining duties and functions of citizens, government, parliament, judiciary. If some people still feel that they can usurp power of parliament and for this purpose blackmail by resorting to fast unto death and other coercive tactics and toying with peoples' sentiments, we are not yet ripe for independence. Let us be worthy citizens of independent nation and progress by performing duties and enjoying rights within constitutional framework.

So we are going to celebrate our 65th independence day.once again think about the limits of our independence.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.