The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think sex education should not be provided in the school until 8th standard. Before that only parents should give their children a brief idea about sex education and make them aware about it.
Once a student is in 8th standard then schools should give sex education with gender specific teacher such that sex education to girls is provided by female teacher and to boys by male teacher.
This helps them to explain them clearly. Even parents should make their kids aware of this again and again by some means or other.
I accept with you dharani but sex education should be given seperately. Not in co-education schools.
If it happens in co-education than many problems the institution would face.
i accept your words, but teachers should be more aware in giving sex education. They shouldn't teach them for more period. If this happens the mind of the student will be always in ths sex education.
Salman farsi wrote:
[quote]I accept with you dharani but sex education should be given seperately. Not in co-education schools.
If it happens in co-education than many problems the institution would face.[/quote]

Sex education must be given separately as a extra class weekly once are twice.
There is no need for the sex education to be added in the lessons.
The classes can be handled by teachers who are trained to take such class.
Swetha wrote:
[quote]Before we even justify that sex education being made compulsory in school,let us ask ourselves-how many schools actually implement it?Why is it that in the name of 'sex' teachers get embarrassed? I do not see any teachers openly discussing about 'sex' topic to students-they feel that they are 'spoiling' them.

And if you are focusing on 'Indian Culture' and respect to 'Indian Culture' let me bring to the light that every student that have gone to School in ancient India,knew about sex,they were trained thoroughly about what is sex and how we need to respect one another and ethics about touching each other.We have temples and figurines showcasing the 'art' of sex

But if we say that the education of sex in India is good,then how does it happen that many people turn to 'rape' someone if they were not thoroughly educated about 'sex' and controlling their desires? Do you think that those people were taught about it in their schooling?[/quote]

Swetha what you said is little bit right. You are saying how many schools implement it and some times teachers also not speak openly about these topic. Thats why i am saying we need to create a system or we need a particular teacher of this education. That particular teacher will not get embarrassed while giving knowledge about this education.

you are saying maximum students have knowledge about the sex, i know time to time when a young boy or girl starts getting growth in his/her body they come to know about it. But they don't know the right and wrong manner of this. We need this education to make there attitude regarding this education in right manner. Just take example : If a person and have gun and also knows how to use it. Then its mean not that boy/girlis fully educated about the gun, he should know how to use it, how to fire easily and the right manner is use it when you need at the deffence time. If he will be not educated about the gun fire, then he can kill any body to whom he don;t like.

Sex education is a broad term used to describe education about human sexual anatomy, sexual reproduction, sexual intercourse and other aspects of human sexual behavior. Common avenues for sex education are parents or caregivers, school programs, and public health campaigns. According to me every one should know about sex whether it’s from teachers or parents. It’s not necessary to have any special subject on sex in schools or colleges. But it should talk openly with teachers. Generally teachers and parent are not used to talk to their children about sex in India but they mustn’t avoid their children to talk about sex especially in seven to sixteen ages because this is the age when they are aware of sex…..molestation and rape kind of crime may happen.

So Guys According To Me Sex Education Should Give To Children Whether It Is from Teacher or Parents
Dharanidaran wrote:
[quote]According to me sex education is necessary.
Its all hormonal changes in the body and students must know to handle it in the right way.
They dont understand those changes and also they dont know how to react and do as they wish. Some go in the right way and some in the wrong path. So it is better to educate the students.[/quote]

I am fully agree with you dharanidaran about this matter.Sex education must be spread between students.
i believe children shouldnt be taught sex.. rather they should be taught about child abuse in School..

sex is a natural process which they will learn eventually..
But Child Abuse is something which is so Wrong but very much prevalent..
children should be cautioned about adults sexually abusing them
Rakesh wrote:
[quote]I think sex education should not be provided in the school until 8th standard. Before that only parents should give their children a brief idea about sex education and make them aware about it.
Once a student is in 8th standard then schools should give sex education with gender specific teacher such that sex education to girls is provided by female teacher and to boys by male teacher.
This helps them to explain them clearly. Even parents should make their kids aware of this again and again by some means or other.[/quote]

you are saying absolutely right rakesh. I am fully agree with you and your points.
Salman farsi wrote:
[quote]I accept with you dharani but sex education should be given seperately. Not in co-education schools.
If it happens in co-education than many problems the institution would face.[/quote]

Everyone is giving their views about this topic and i am also agree with you and favour of giving sex education to youth. The way can be of any type.
Let me first get this straight. Sex Ed is NOT JUST about teaching people, in this case, school kids, how to have safe sex. Having safe sex, and protecting oneself from sexually transmitted diseases and avoiding teenage pregnancy is just one part of it. The whole idea of imparting sex-ed is to teach children about the biology and physiology of their own bodies. The aim is to make children become aware of their own body parts and to become comfortable and not conscious about it.If young girls, and even boys, are given sex-ed, which, in turn prevents them from, say, being molested, then it truly serves the purpose.

Aastha Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.