The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It’s not only about sexual intercourse and private parts. It’s also about being able to foresee what repercussions their actions, case in point, unsafe sex, and others’ actions, case in point, molestion/rape, will have.
I was a biology student myself, and thankfully, our teacher went to the extent of explaining how exactly, unsafe sex might lead to pregnancy. None of us went red, well maybe some. But the point is, that, that one chapter might help us adults somewhere in our lives in making some important choices!

Aastha Gupta
Maybe we need more ‘mature’ teachers, who can explain to students how exactly the human body works. We surely need politicians who understand that sex-ed teachers are not teaching students how to have sex, or for that matter, telling the students that it’s okay to have sex, as long as you do it safely. Why need moral police when something as basic as this can prevent STDs, AIDS, even rape! Abstinence is NOT the key word here. It surely doesn’t explain how a nation would have a population of 1 billion..

Aastha Gupta
Hi friends,
Here almost all discussions are going in a direction that sex education is teaching the students about sexual intercourse and other sexual activities.But aastha had told that sexual education means teaching the biology of body.

In my opinion sex education means making the child aware of the changed in his bodies when he get maturity.Both in male and female bodies a lot of changes occures.As a result the inner feelings and expressions of children changes rapidly.Some get irritated under this tense situations.They may be unaware of the internal changes and its consequences.So at right stage they must be educated about this.

Family is the first school of a child.But there is limitation for parents in dealing this subject directly with thier children especially if parents are also young.But a student has always respect, affection to his teacher.So a teacher can speak this types of things to his student.Being the words from teacher he/she will take it positively.So I think sex education should be introduced in India.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
All of might know that BEd is a course that gives training to become a teacher.During my BEd days I selected the topic for thought for the day as " Sex Education".

In my view I explained that parents should give some tips to children about their body changes and care that should be taken during this period.Also I suggested that regarding sexual intercourse they should be informed indirectly.That is not to be described in class openly as the class is mixed one.Also atmost care should be taken not to divert from topic.If students have question deal it individually according to the degree of doubt.

Unfortunately the teacher itself described my talk in a different way and being a highly inflamable topic the discussion stopped then and there itself.Actually what the teacher did was wrong because many married and bachelors were there to give their opinion.Being matured enough it was a chance to get matured replies.I think as Swetha said teacher had shy to be there.

So being talking about sex education is considered as shame by teachers itself we have to change it by introducing it in our schools itself.

Visit my blogs:

Dear Friend whatever you written is right as per your point of view but I want one answer from question why only in India we feel this education is required.

I think other countries are not interested for this subject because they think its not a big matter and Govt. is able to handle all crime issues related to sex.

So to control crime there need some rule to followup strictly.

So there are people here habit is they learn but not implement.

and Sex is a matter and after education crime will increase.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I was also a biology student.I fully agree with aastha.During studying about genital organs we felt shame and it is human.But the teacher taught them very cooly and too carefully.If teacher had some fear definitely she will slip her toung and will lead to problems.

So in my opinion it should be there but to teach it well experienced teacher should be assigned.Never a new or guest lecturer should teach such tpoics.
Santosh Kumar Singh wrote:
[quote]Dear Friend whatever you written is right as per your point of view but I want one answer from question why only in India we feel this education is required.

I think other countries are not interested for this subject because they think its not a big matter and Govt. is able to handle all crime issues related to sex.

So to control crime there need some rule to followup strictly.

So there are people here habit is they learn but not implement.

and Sex is a matter and after education crime will increase.[/quote]

To my knowledge Santosh Sir, This type of education is taught in USA. There children are given a careful explanation of sex in the 5th grade when they are between 10 and 11 years old. The girls are taken to a room and instructed by women teachers, and the men by men teachers. Both sets of instructors are trained to present the material in a non-provocative way and the parents are informed by letter well in advance. All of this is considered an essential part of education and every discussion is treated seriously.

Aastha Gupta
Lubna K P wrote:
[quote]I was also a biology student.I fully agree with aastha.During studying about genital organs we felt shame and it is human.But the teacher taught them very cooly and too carefully.If teacher had some fear definitely she will slip her toung and will lead to problems.

So in my opinion it should be there but to teach it well experienced teacher should be assigned.Never a new or guest lecturer should teach such tpoics.[/quote]

I am completely agree with you, a guest lecturar, or an expert in this part of knowledge can do the best to teach children. so that they can be made aware.

Aastha Gupta
Santhosh...

I think your question is invalid.
India has a culture of its own.Here we respect that culture and in it we have to behave our opposite sex in good manner.

Due to the invading of western culture with our Indian culture we are getting destroyed.According to western culture nothing is to be educated at maturity.They will practice and learn.We sees the difficulties of the same all over the world.A lot of sexually transmitted diseases are faced by western countries.Still they are not caring the sexual life.

But through our education system we warn our children about unsafe sex, sexually trasmitted diseases, stress and strain during adolescence etc in a right way.So it gives some relaxation to our children.As you said crimes may increase.But it is not the fault of sexual education.Everything can be used for creative purpose and destructive purpose.It depends upon the wisdome of human who use it.

Visit my blogs:

I think many countries are now emphasising sex education in early school days itself.All countries are facing criminals.Most of the criminals are thrown away children and most thrown out are the result of illegal sex.If those practicing sex were given enough knowledge about the consequences such children would not be there.

Here in India we have to change first our thoughts about sex.Looking or talking or walking with opposite sex is not to be cared negatively.When it goes beyond limit they should be warned the consequences.Dealing sex as an ugly term should be changed first.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.