The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
First of all we try to know why this education is necessary .

HIV and AIDS education can be effective when targeted at specific groups who are particularly at risk of HIV infection. The groups that HIV and AIDS education needs to target vary depending on the nature of the epidemic in an area. High risk groups can also change over time. For example, in the early years of the AIDS epidemic in America, men who have sex with men and injecting drug users were most at risk of HIV infection. Today, heterosexual African Americans and the Hispanic/Latino population are also identified as groups particularly vulnerable to HIV infection in America.3 4

However, it is important that such a focus does not lead to groups who are considered not ‘at risk’ missing out on HIV and AIDS education. This can lead to a rise in HIV infection rates amongst groups who are often neglected by HIV and AIDS education, for example older people.5 Providing the general population with basic AIDS education contributes to the spread of accurate information; promoting awareness and tackling stigma and discrimination.

It is also important that people who are already infected with HIV receive HIV and AIDS education. This can help people to live positively without passing on the virus to anyone else; to prevent themselves becoming infected with a different strain of the virus; and to ensure a good quality of life by informing them about medication and the support that is available to them.6 7
[quote]Kalyani mam that i saw the same stories in snopes site.

They are having same story with different sellers.

But as a junior member i did not thought to tell this you.

so i became silent. [/quote]

That's ok sasikanth, if you have read those articles then its good and I hope you now understand that those incidents are nothing but rumors! snopes is a very reputable site and they will not publish anything that is false information. My purpose is only to make people aware about exactly how and why HIV gets transmitted and also at the same time, not to indulge in such rumors that has no scientific base.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]First of all we try to know why this education is necessary .

HIV and AIDS education can be effective when targeted at specific groups who are particularly at risk of HIV infection. The groups that HIV and AIDS education needs to target vary depending on the nature of the epidemic in an area. High risk groups can also change over time. For example, in the early years of the AIDS epidemic in America, men who have sex with men and injecting drug users were most at risk of HIV infection. Today, heterosexual African Americans and the Hispanic/Latino population are also identified as groups particularly vulnerable to HIV infection in America.3 4

However, it is important that such a focus does not lead to groups who are considered not ‘at risk’ missing out on HIV and AIDS education. This can lead to a rise in HIV infection rates amongst groups who are often neglected by HIV and AIDS education, for example older people.5 Providing the general population with basic AIDS education contributes to the spread of accurate information; promoting awareness and tackling stigma and discrimination.

It is also important that people who are already infected with HIV receive HIV and AIDS education. This can help people to live positively without passing on the virus to anyone else; to prevent themselves becoming infected with a different strain of the virus; and to ensure a good quality of life by informing them about medication and the support that is available to them.6 7 [/quote]

Suraj, first of all let me remind you that the topic for discussion is Should HIV patients be kept away from the society? Please stick to the topic and do not delve into details that are not relevant to it!

Another thing, I see you have copied your entire posts from the below mentioned links:
http://www.avert.org/aids-hiv-education.htm

and from one of facebook pages! You are supposed to argue your point of view in your own words and not copy from another source and paste it here word-to-word!

Abid, please do make a note of this!

[quote]The stigma attached to AIDS actually complicates the issue. It can not be generalised as to what type of people can get the disease. Someone who has had transfusion through infected blood can get it too.Children born to infected parents also can be born HIV positive. Moreover, whatever way the patients may have acquired it, segregating them or making them social outcasts can never be the solution.Children are expelled from school, patients are denied treatment in hospitals.This goes to show how insensitive and intolerant and ill-informed our society actually is. [/quote]

Exactly, which is why I am again stressing on the fact that there has to be intensive efforts to create awareness!

I am in total agreement, Kalyani. Only awareness can help overcome the stigmas, mental blocks and phobias regarding this issue. HIV as well as AIDS patients deserve acceptance in the society and awareness alone is the key. The article you posted at Snopes.com is unbelievable.People need to read such articles and clear the misconceptions.
[quote]I am in total agreement, Kalyani. Only awareness can help overcome the stigmas, mental blocks and phobias regarding this issue. HIV as well as AIDS patients deserve acceptance in the society and awareness alone is the key. The article you posted at Snopes.com is unbelievable.People need to read such articles and clear the misconceptions. [/quote]

Thanks for your comments Lopamudra. The article in snopes is not mine but looking at the number of rumors that are flying around, just wanted to share it withe veryone.

In our society most beleive that HIV carriers should not be mingled in society.They should be kept away.Some have a mind to say that they should not be kept away , but cannot be kept with us also!Some says they can lead a normal life with any of us with control on sexing and breast feeding.

So friends, the GD is getting very good responses.I had heard many HIV +ve talks.Most of them are innocent victims.So share your more ideas.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I feel the HIV+ve patients should be given the deserved place in the society.They can lead a normal life, and carry on with their regular activities barring any physical/sexual relationship and blood donation.With this mutual agreement the disease can be effectively combated.
Already HIV infective person suffers from Life taking disease and due to which he can't survive more and in this time if we annoy such person then he will lose his expectation of living . So we need to cope up with such persons as much as we can.
Friends most of the HIV patients are children. They are helpless. Mind and heart of all child is just same. If we have humanity in us, we cannot keep them aloof or deter them from their right to enjoy their life. They have short life span which is filled of pains, miseries and sufferings. Lets not hate them. They deserve everything that a normal child deserves, even happy life.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.