The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4484]}
I was thinking of building up a case for cats but my canine friend has set up such a huge bark that I have to bark up the right tree!!!
[quote]000203BB_2012-01-13.gif

I was thinking of building up a case for cats but my canine friend has set up such a huge bark that I have to bark up the right tree!!! [/quote]

Oh well! I am a bit disappointed, but then what Bong would ever be willing to be give his fish to a cat??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyway looking forward to more barks now! It looks like me and Swetha are the only meows here! :laugh: :laugh:
cube3_2012-01-13.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4487]}
No Bongs would ever compromise with his or her fishy delights! That way cats are their competitors!
Ut appears that we are deviating from the topic, which is about what makes a better companion. Both dogs and cats have their respective merits. We are not here so much concerned with utility like watching, guiding etc. The stress is on companionship. As rightly stressed by one member, a dog even guides the blind persons. There can be no creature more suitable as a companion than a dog. Some may like cat but a cat is more interested in a particular location than a person. Most of the children also like dog to play with.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ut appears that we are deviating from the topic, which is about what makes a better companion. Both dogs and cats have their respective merits. We are not here so much concerned with utility like watching, guiding etc. The stress is on companionship. As rightly stressed by one member, a dog even guides the blind persons. There can be no creature more suitable as a companion than a dog. Some may like cat but a cat is more interested in a particular location than a person. Most of the children also like dog to play with.

Very rightly said sir, this discussion is on the best comapanion to man and not on which is the best toy to play with...hence my vote still goes to dogs as better companion to man due to its various utilities mentioned throughout this discussion.
wow!

Kalyani ji

THankfully I am not alone here. Thankyou for being a cat lover!

What I like more about cats is their grace in doing things. I have seen cats move in such a manner as not to make any unnessary sounds. They are quick movers and dodgers unlike dogs who make panting sounds and other sounds that is somewhat disturbing.

Deven, I appreciate your inputs regarding guide dogs and I say once again,it takes patience to train a pet and even cats can be trained

Chinmoy ji, why dont you hop in and join us in our feline adventure :)
feline.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Swetha Shenoy
Look whos come to read the newspaper with me... a kitten!!!!!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4488]}

Swetha Shenoy
The most faithful animal in the universe is dog while most unfaithful being human being. We may not even tolerate even a single mistake committed by other human beings. Suppose, we help a person 99 times and leave him in the 100th occasion. We may not be remembered by that person for our 99 good deals, but with a single unfaithful mistake. But, let us consider a dog. Even if we kick him 1000 times and give food a single day, he will wag his tail whenever he see us. He can identify us even with our smell. But this is not the case of cats. We cannot predict how long a cat will stay with us. He may leave. So I prefer dog to be my pet companion.

Meera sandhu
wow!

Kalyani ji

THankfully I am not alone here. Thankyou for being a cat lover!

What I like more about cats is their grace in doing things. I have seen cats move in such a manner as not to make any unnessary sounds. They are quick movers and dodgers unlike dogs who make panting sounds and other sounds that is somewhat disturbing.

Deven, I appreciate your inputs regarding guide dogs and I say once again,it takes patience to train a pet and even cats can be trained

Chinmoy ji, why dont you hop in and join us in our feline adventure :)

Swetha mam there is a very logical reason as to why cats are not trained to become more like guide dogs and that is "Cats are just not that smart" :)
Has anyone seen that add of WagonR in which the tag line says 'Smartness is infectious'...i wonder why they used a dog and not a cat instead :P
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAyq5p20P2Y
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.